Healthy Eating
35,578 members5,507 posts

Evening meal :-)

Hi everyone,

Tonight I had a Salmon fillet with Cajun spice, and some roasted vegetables - including broccoli, butternut squash, leeks, red chilli pepper, red onions and sweet potato chips, and I drizzled them with olive oil and baked them in the oven for approx 25 minutes.

I liked the look of all the vegetables in the roasting pan, before cooking, so I've shown a photo of them, plus a photo of the finished meal. It was very tasty. :-)

What have you had for your evening meal? Are there any veggies you've not had for a while, or are you considering trying any new ones? I've not had leeks for a while, and they were really good. Another favourite of mine is swede - so I'm thinking of having some of that soon. :-)

Zest :-)

17 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi zest

What a delicious 😋 looking meal, I love the colours, I hope you enjoy the rest of your night

Rosie 😊 xx

2 likes

Thanks rosie-2015 - glad you like the colours - I was trying for a Rainbow on a plate. :-)

Hope you have a great night.

Zest :-) xx

2 likes

Hey that looks lovely and the before and after photo's, its no wonder the meal looks so good with those ingredients...😊

I haven't had any butternut squash for ages I tend to eat a lot of carrots, well they're the same colour LOL.

I eat a lot of stewed apples and I bake them with sultanas and cinnamon, recently I've been adding chia seeds and they absorb 10x their volume of water so they make it thicker and smoother and add a nutritional punch... 😊

Jerry😊

1 like

Hi Jerry,

Thank you. :-) I've not had any carrots for ages - thanks for reminding me of them! :-) I used to make Carrot and Coriander soup, but not made any of that for ages.

I have got some stewed apples in my freezer, so I will be having some Apple crumbles soon - I like your idea to add chia seeds - I must try that!

Hope you're enjoying your evening.

1 like

Oooh, lovely veg, Zest! :)

I've never baked brocolli. Squash is a regular favourite, as are leeks!

Can I see a chilli hiding in there, too?

Mx

1 like

Hi Mel,

Thank you! Broccoli is really good baked - at least I think so. :-) Yes, there's a red chilli pepper hiding in there. It gave a lovely warming zap of flavour to the whole meal.

Zest :-) xx

1 like

Thanks Zest!

You’re great for veg ideas. I think you’re starting to turn? ;)

I’ll add that to my list of things to try. I bake squash halved, I could put broccoli on top, halfway through cooking.

Mx

Loving turnip at the mo Zest and all the veg you have there yum!

1 like

Great HappyBeee - I agree that Turnip is a great vegetable. Thanks for your lovely reply. Have a great week. :-)

1 like

Very appetising. I love salmon roasted. Also I adore leeks and they're very plentiful at the moment. As well as a side veg just steamed, I add them to pasta sauce, and as topping on a cottage pie. And leeks with leftover Stilton make a fab soup ( so does celery !!)

1 like

Hi elliebath,

Thanks - and your idea of adding leeks to pasta sauce and having them as a topping on Cottage Pie - that's a really great idea! Mmmm, Leeks, with leftover Stilton in a fab soup - that would be gorgeous. Thanks for your lovely reply, and wishing you a great week.

1 like

Hi Zest

Yummy, looks very colourful and so good to eat.

Alicia :)

1 like

Thanks Alicia. I did enjoy it. :-)

1 like

I sometimes have a veg box from Riverford and currently purple sweet potatoes are available. I love them. Less sweet than the orange sweet potato and to me, taste similar to chestnuts. Lovely boiled or roasted.

1 like

Hi holly2 ,

Purple sweet potatoes - yes, I've seen them - but never tried them yet - but as I like the taste of chestnuts, I must give them a go - thanks to your recommendation - thank you! I love trying new vegetables.

Great that you get a veg box - thanks for your lovely reply, and I hope that you're having a great week.

1 like

Wow lovely great colours. I will definitely do those veg in the oven.

1 like

Thanks Caroline62 - they are tasty veggies. :-)

You may also like...