Evening meal :-): Hi everyone, Tonight I had... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating
44,269 members โ€ข 8,136 posts

Evening meal :-)

Zest
ZestStar
โ€ข17 Replies

Hi everyone,

Tonight I had a Salmon fillet with Cajun spice, and some roasted vegetables - including broccoli, butternut squash, leeks, red chilli pepper, red onions and sweet potato chips, and I drizzled them with olive oil and baked them in the oven for approx 25 minutes.

I liked the look of all the vegetables in the roasting pan, before cooking, so I've shown a photo of them, plus a photo of the finished meal. It was very tasty. :-)

What have you had for your evening meal? Are there any veggies you've not had for a while, or are you considering trying any new ones? I've not had leeks for a while, and they were really good. Another favourite of mine is swede - so I'm thinking of having some of that soon. :-)

Zest :-)

17 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Hi zest

What a delicious ๐Ÿ˜‹ looking meal, I love the colours, I hope you enjoy the rest of your night

Rosie ๐Ÿ˜Š xx

Zest
ZestStar
in reply to rosie-2015

Thanks rosie-2015 - glad you like the colours - I was trying for a Rainbow on a plate. :-)

Hope you have a great night.

Zest :-) xx

Jerry
JerryAdministrator

Hey that looks lovely and the before and after photo's, its no wonder the meal looks so good with those ingredients...๐Ÿ˜Š

I haven't had any butternut squash for ages I tend to eat a lot of carrots, well they're the same colour LOL.

I eat a lot of stewed apples and I bake them with sultanas and cinnamon, recently I've been adding chia seeds and they absorb 10x their volume of water so they make it thicker and smoother and add a nutritional punch... ๐Ÿ˜Š

Jerry๐Ÿ˜Š

Zest
ZestStar
in reply to Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Thank you. :-) I've not had any carrots for ages - thanks for reminding me of them! :-) I used to make Carrot and Coriander soup, but not made any of that for ages.

I have got some stewed apples in my freezer, so I will be having some Apple crumbles soon - I like your idea to add chia seeds - I must try that!

Hope you're enjoying your evening.

Oooh, lovely veg, Zest! :)

I've never baked brocolli. Squash is a regular favourite, as are leeks!

Can I see a chilli hiding in there, too?

Mx

Zest
ZestStar
in reply to BadHare

Hi Mel,

Thank you! Broccoli is really good baked - at least I think so. :-) Yes, there's a red chilli pepper hiding in there. It gave a lovely warming zap of flavour to the whole meal.

Zest :-) xx

BadHare
BadHare
in reply to Zest

Thanks Zest!

Youโ€™re great for veg ideas. I think youโ€™re starting to turn? ;)

Iโ€™ll add that to my list of things to try. I bake squash halved, I could put broccoli on top, halfway through cooking.

Mx

Loving turnip at the mo Zest and all the veg you have there yum!

Zest
ZestStar
in reply to HappyBeee

Great HappyBeee - I agree that Turnip is a great vegetable. Thanks for your lovely reply. Have a great week. :-)

Very appetising. I love salmon roasted. Also I adore leeks and they're very plentiful at the moment. As well as a side veg just steamed, I add them to pasta sauce, and as topping on a cottage pie. And leeks with leftover Stilton make a fab soup ( so does celery !!)

Zest
ZestStar
in reply to elliebath

Hi elliebath,

Thanks - and your idea of adding leeks to pasta sauce and having them as a topping on Cottage Pie - that's a really great idea! Mmmm, Leeks, with leftover Stilton in a fab soup - that would be gorgeous. Thanks for your lovely reply, and wishing you a great week.

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessPWB Guest

Hi Zest

Yummy, looks very colourful and so good to eat.

Alicia :)

Zest
ZestStar
in reply to crazyfitness

Thanks Alicia. I did enjoy it. :-)

I sometimes have a veg box from Riverford and currently purple sweet potatoes are available. I love them. Less sweet than the orange sweet potato and to me, taste similar to chestnuts. Lovely boiled or roasted.

Zest
ZestStar
in reply to holly2

Hi holly2 ,

Purple sweet potatoes - yes, I've seen them - but never tried them yet - but as I like the taste of chestnuts, I must give them a go - thanks to your recommendation - thank you! I love trying new vegetables.

Great that you get a veg box - thanks for your lovely reply, and I hope that you're having a great week.

Wow lovely great colours. I will definitely do those veg in the oven.

Zest
ZestStar
in reply to Caroline62

Thanks Caroline62 - they are tasty veggies. :-)

You may also like...