Healthy Eating
32,127 members4,443 posts

Evening Meal :-)

Evening Meal :-)

Hi everyone,

Tonight I've had a homemade Vegetable & Bean Casserole topped with some cheddar cheese (28g). It was approx 608 calories. The casserole contains butter beans, red kidney beans, butternut squash, green chilli pepper, potato, sweet potato, white onions, tomatoes, tomato puree, spices (cumin, cinnamon and turmeric) and dried Oregano herbs, and some apple cider vinegar and olive oil. It was very tasty. :-)

My dessert is a slice of mango, half a banana and some Greek style yoghurt (75g), with a sprinkling of sliced almonds and a few chia seeds. Approx 203 calories.

What have you had for your evening meal? Please share details if you want to, it's good to compare meal ideas.

Wishing everyone a great evening.

Zest :-)

8 Replies
oldestnewest

You eat some of my favourite foods so I love the look of all of it...😊 and you present it sooo well...😊

2 likes

They are great foods, and make a fantastic combination. Thank you for your kind comments! :-)

2 likes

That looks so good, I want to eat it now! ;) x

1 like

I have lots left - it's a pity you couldn't pop round! :-) xx

Thanks Zest!

I'm full of baked aubergines, tomato & red peppers, so I'm eating with my eyes! Beans, squash, & cheese are a truly wonderful combination. Might be on the menu for me this week. :D I love mango, & your dessert looks so pretty, too! x

1 like

Thanks Mel, and your meal sounds really good! Baked aubergines, tomato and red peppers - yum! :-) xx

Also mozzarela! :D

It was supposed to be an Ottolenghi style recipe, but I forgot the greek yoghurt & pomegranate. I'll do the real version next week. :) x

1 like

I had to look up Ottolenghi then - but now I realise who he is - and I can imagine that his recipes would be really good. The real version with all those extra ingredients sounds lovely. :-) x

You may also like...