Salmon & Vegetables

Salmon & Vegetables

Hi everyone,

Tonight I've had some Salmon sprinkled with Cajun spice, with some vegetables cooked in olive oil and tomatoes - it contains white onions, butternut squash, sweet potato, red pepper, a red chilli pepper, and spices (cumin, cinnamon and turmeric - teaspoon of each) - it was a bit of an experiment, inspired by a previous recipe I'd tried which used that particular mix of spices, and I have to say I was pleased with the outcome - it was delicious.

I think if I wasn't having the salmon with it, then I might have added some mixed beans to the vegetables. I nearly did add some, but decided I might be too full if I did. :-)

Please share what you've had for your evening meal, if you want to, as it's good to share ideas.

Hope everyone is having a great evening.

Zest :-)

Skip

Featured Content

Follow the community

Discuss all aspects of nutrition, from specific foods to recipes and more. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits.

Get Started

Featured by HealthUnlocked

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Looks tasty and popped up just as I was looking up recipes albeit breakfast but your dish is going in my plan. Thanks

• Hi prawncess,

I hope you enjoy it - do let me know how you find the taste. I would never have thought to combine those spices in that way, but it is a lovely combination.

Hope you're enjoying your week so far.

• It looks lovely and you and I like very similar foods/spices and cook them differently which I really like🎃 And of course it was delicious you're the 'queen of whats for tea tonight' thats for sure👸

• Thanks Jerry - hope you have a really good evening. :-)

• Hi Zest,

Your lovely tomato & squash dish looks like one of my stewy soups. It's good with lentils in, & the cajun spice would go with this, too! :) It's also a veggie alternative for lasagne.

Mx

• Thanks Mel, that's given me some great options for using that Tomato and Squash dish - I am thinking a Lasagne would be delicious with it. Many thanks! Soup as well - great idea!!!

• Ooh yummy, that looks amazing Zest and something I will try.

Thank you for sharing.

Alicia :)

• Thanks Alicia, I hope you enjoy them when you have them.

• Really silly as I've had to reply to you the long way i.e. I have to log into my account, search for you and then I can find your posts. Have you had this problem?

Anyway, I will certainly have my veg like that when having salmon, looks amazing.

• I've not experienced that problem, Alicia, not sure why that's happening for you. You should get your notifications - via the 'bell' symbol above - and that way you'd find any replies easily - but maybe something's not working properly. Maybe report it? Then they can look into it for you. :-)

• Thank you Zest for replying, I will report it as it's still happening.

• Sorry to hear that Alicia, I hope they can sort it out for you soon. :-)

• Thank you Zest. Just had to reply the long way round again so hope that it's sorted soon.

You may also like...