Healthy Eating

Salmon & Vegetables

Salmon & Vegetables

Hi everyone,

Tonight I've had some Salmon sprinkled with Cajun spice, with some vegetables cooked in olive oil and tomatoes - it contains white onions, butternut squash, sweet potato, red pepper, a red chilli pepper, and spices (cumin, cinnamon and turmeric - teaspoon of each) - it was a bit of an experiment, inspired by a previous recipe I'd tried which used that particular mix of spices, and I have to say I was pleased with the outcome - it was delicious.

I think if I wasn't having the salmon with it, then I might have added some mixed beans to the vegetables. I nearly did add some, but decided I might be too full if I did. :-)

Please share what you've had for your evening meal, if you want to, as it's good to share ideas.

Hope everyone is having a great evening.

Zest :-)

13 Replies
oldestnewest

Looks tasty and popped up just as I was looking up recipes albeit breakfast but your dish is going in my plan. Thanks

1 like

Hi prawncess,

I hope you enjoy it - do let me know how you find the taste. I would never have thought to combine those spices in that way, but it is a lovely combination.

Hope you're enjoying your week so far.

1 like

It looks lovely and you and I like very similar foods/spices and cook them differently which I really like🎃 And of course it was delicious you're the 'queen of whats for tea tonight' thats for sure👸

1 like

Thanks Jerry - hope you have a really good evening. :-)

1 like

Hi Zest,

Your lovely tomato & squash dish looks like one of my stewy soups. It's good with lentils in, & the cajun spice would go with this, too! :) It's also a veggie alternative for lasagne.

Mx

1 like

Thanks Mel, that's given me some great options for using that Tomato and Squash dish - I am thinking a Lasagne would be delicious with it. Many thanks! Soup as well - great idea!!!

1 like

Ooh yummy, that looks amazing Zest and something I will try.

Thank you for sharing.

Alicia :)

1 like

Thanks Alicia, I hope you enjoy them when you have them.

Really silly as I've had to reply to you the long way i.e. I have to log into my account, search for you and then I can find your posts. Have you had this problem?

Anyway, I will certainly have my veg like that when having salmon, looks amazing.

1 like

I've not experienced that problem, Alicia, not sure why that's happening for you. You should get your notifications - via the 'bell' symbol above - and that way you'd find any replies easily - but maybe something's not working properly. Maybe report it? Then they can look into it for you. :-)

Thank you Zest for replying, I will report it as it's still happening.

1 like

Sorry to hear that Alicia, I hope they can sort it out for you soon. :-)

Thank you Zest. Just had to reply the long way round again so hope that it's sorted soon.

1 like

You may also like...