Delicious!!!: Hi everyone, Following a very... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

53,622 members9,870 posts

Delicious!!!

Zest profile image
ZestStar

Hi everyone,

Following a very interesting post by BadHare on Grapefruit, I went out and bought myself a lovely red grapefruit - and today I had this - which I ate as a 'lunchtime dessert' but which I think would make a really great 'snack' at anytime.

It is 75g Greek yoghurt, with some chia seeds sprinkled on top and a quarter of the grapefruit chopped up (including the pith), and it was REALLY tasty and refreshing. I worked out the calories as approx 120 calories.

I will be having the same for the next 4 days, as I am keen to enjoy every quarter of that Grapefruit. Yum!

Zest :-)

p.s. The link to the article that BadHare put up about Grapefruit is here:

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

and please double check if you're ok to have grapefruit in your diet, as it can interact with some prescription medicines.

Another interesting article about the health benefits of Grapefruit:

medicalnewstoday.com/articl...

17 Replies

Hi zest

That looks delicious 😋 no wonder you enjoyed it, I hope you're enjoying your day

Rosie 😊

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to rosie-2015

Hi Rosie,

Thanks! It was really good. I was surprised how much I enjoyed the taste of the grapefruit - it's years since I've had one - and now that I've adjusted my taste buds to rarely have much sugar, I realise that my tastes have adjusted really well. :-)

Bit of a grey day here today, but it's been a reasonable one so far. Hope yours is going well.

Zest :-) xx

This looks delicious 😋 I have just added some to my next food delivery after seeing this so thank you for sharing 👍

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to xvanillaskyx

Great! I hope you enjoy it when it arrives. :-)

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to xvanillaskyx

By the way, just wanted to mention that grapefruit can interact with some prescription medications, so do double check that you're ok to have grapefruit. You can see BadHare's post about Grapefruits here, if you want to have a look at the entire article:

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

Zest :-)

xvanillaskyx profile image
xvanillaskyx in reply to Zest

Thanks zest 👍🤗

Nom, nom... :)

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to BadHare

:-)

BadHare profile image
BadHare in reply to Zest

I had mine with my iron this afternoon, & now I want another! ;)

Can't believe I used to hate them! x

Wow you know how to make food look good 🍉 what a picture, it looks delicious 😊

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to

Thanks Hidden :-)

That's look yummy Zest and I also read BadHare's post on grapefruit and found it very interesting and something I will also be trying - grapefruit going on this week's shopping list. I don't take any medication so I don't have to worry there.

Alicia :)

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to

Fantastic, I've been enjoying mine - half has gone already, another 2 days worth to go. Yum! It's really refreshing! :-)

in reply to Zest

It's years since I've eaten it so am really looking forward to it :)

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to

I finished the last of mine today, and I am ready to buy another one - I hope to repeat it next week. :-)

in reply to Zest

Shopping day for me tomorrow, it's on the list :)

Zest profile image
ZestStar in reply to

:-)

You may also like...