Evening meal :-): Hi everyone, I hope you're... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating
39,825 members7,018 posts

Evening meal :-)

Zest
ZestVolunteer
13 Replies

Hi everyone,

I hope you're enjoying the weekend. I just had this for my dinner, it's Trout with sweet potato chips, and mixed vegetables (red onion, mushrooms, cauliflower, carrots and brocolli) all roasted in the oven.

However, I think the fish had been exposed to air somehow in the freezer, and it didn't taste very good, so I swapped it for some cheddar cheese.

The calories for the Trout etc meal were 528, but substituting the trout for the cheese, it totalled 546 calories.

It was tasty - so that's good!

What did you have for your meal this evening? Please share if you want to, as it's nice to hear meal ideas.

Zest :-)

13 Replies
oldestnewest
shogg

umm where mine x

2 likes
Zest
ZestVolunteer
in reply to shogg

Hi Steve,

Awww, sorry about that, it's all gone now!!!

You made me feel envious when you posted your lovely meal of the tuna pasta the other day - I've been thinking about that since, and will definitely be having one of those some time soon. Great flavours!

Hope you're having a good weekend.

1 like
shogg
shogg
in reply to Zest

working hard on my camper so i can get away on some weekends

2 likes
Zest
ZestVolunteer
in reply to shogg

That's great :-)

Neesargon
Neesargon
in reply to shogg

Lucky you. It brings back happy memories of many years ago.

blackbeauty99

It looks really good Zest, but sorry you couldn't get to eat all of the trout and had to substitute it.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

1 like
Zest
ZestVolunteer
in reply to blackbeauty99

Thanks blackbeauty99,

I didn't mind too much, as the cheese tasted good with the rest of it - so it was ok as a substitute. But I will be careful to ensure I keep the trout well wrapped up in the freezer next time!

Hope you're having a good weekend.

Zest :-) xx

1 like
deejames

I had puy lentil salad with vinaigrette dressing with sundried tomatoes , grilled goats cheese and spinach. Eating with homemade sourdough.

It was lovely

Dee

1 like
Zest
ZestVolunteer
in reply to deejames

Hi Dee,

Your meal sounds really delicious - what a lovely combination with the grilled goat's cheese, spinach and sundried tomatoes - I think that's such a lovely mixture of flavours - I am hoping to have an Omelette for lunch with some goat's cheese and other things in it, so I'm looking forward to that.

Hope you're having an enjoyable weekend.

deejames
deejames
in reply to Zest

I am to an extent. Wild mushroom risotto this evening. My husband combines foraging with playing golf. And he is cooking. Win win

1 like
Zest
ZestVolunteer
in reply to deejames

Definitely a 'win win' there! Enjoy your lovely Wild Mushroom Risotto. I am out for my evening meal, so no idea what I'm going to be having - but it's a night off cooking, and that's a bonus. :-)

deejames

Actually zest that doesn't look like trout. Are you sure ?

Dee

1 like
Zest
ZestVolunteer
in reply to deejames

I've just double checked - and the packaging says they are Frozen Boneless Rainbow Trouts fillets - my husband didn't want any, as he doesn't like them, so he had salmon, and luckily I only have 1 trout fillet left - and will have to bin it due to the contact with the air. I think maybe I should stick to buying fresh trout in future... I find that frozen salmon fillets are fine - they've always been tasty. :-)

You may also like...