Tasty Dinner tonight :-)

Tasty Dinner tonight :-)

Hi everyone,

Just wondering what you've had for your dinner tonight, so please share if you want to.

I had Chicken breast Escalopes with new potatoes, broccoli and sugar snap green peas. It was really tasty and approx 400 calories.

Zest :-)

Skip

Featured Content

Follow the community

Discuss all aspects of nutrition, from specific foods to recipes and more. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits.

Get Started

Featured by HealthUnlocked

29 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi zest

It looks delicious 😋 I hope you enjoy the rest of your night

Rosie 😊

• Hi Rosie,

Thanks very much, and I hope you have a lovely evening too.

Zest :-) xx

• Lovely dinner I bet it tasted good

• Hi Caroline,

Yes, it was really good - thanks for your lovely reply. I hope you had an enjoyable meal yourself and that you're having a great week so far.

Zest :-) xx

• Hello Zest,

Looks so healthy, must admit my tea isn't quite as healthy (but normally I am very good) I had root veggie pie with roast potatos, steamed green beans and thick gravy - it was lovely

• Hi Kitten-whiskers,

Thanks for your lovely reply, and it's great to hear your meal - that sounds really lovely - Root Veggie pie - what a great idea! I'd like to try out a few more vegetarian meals - and that one sounds like a delicious option.

Hope you have a great week.

• I will try and post more often, then if you like the sound of something, I can send you over the recipe.

Its not been a good start to the week but I am sure it will improve, hope your ok?

• Great, I'll look out for your posts. Sharing recipes is a great idea. :-)

I hope your week gets better. Yes, thanks, I'm doing ok - enjoying the week so far. :-)

• I'm having Lentil Bobotie, made with almond milk instead of cream to keep it vegan.

(and a spinach smoothie to start!)

• Hi benwl,

Your meal sounds gorgeous, thanks for your lovely reply, and I am going to look up how to do 'Lentil Bobotie' - as it sounds interesting. :-) Your spinach smoothie sounds like a great starter.

Hope you have a really good week.

• The bobotie was great :) it was the first time I tried it and the veganization needs some modification but the the almond milk, raisens, bay leaf gave it a nice flavor profile.

Give it a go! A non vegan version would probably be easier :)

• It sounds really good. :-)

• NICE :)

• Lovely, but just missing copious amounts of butter on those potatoes!!

• lol :-) Thanks for the suggestion there, Dottie2011 - a knob of butter would have definitely not gone amiss. :-)

• It would have also helped you absorb the nutrients in those veggies! ;)

chriskresser.com/have-some-...

• Thanks for that, Dottie2011 - it is unusual for us not to add some butter to our potatoes, not sure why we didn't yesterday. I remember we were looking at the mint plant - but it didn't look all that healthy, so maybe that was why... :-)

• Actually, I have just removed that comment about having fat with carbs, Zest, as I couldn't find much more supporting evidence for it's benefits, other than from that one link. So, I don't know whether it's correct or not.

• I had some Guernsey Gache with butter as a dessert, so hopefully the butter from that course would have helped me to absorb the nutrients and vitamins in the vegetables. Just remembered that! Phew! :-)

• Ahh, that's ok then. :)

• :-)

• Nice Meal! I had grilled lemon chicken, zucchini spaghetti with grape tomatoes with touch of extra virgin olive oil

• Thanks deeheels,

I love the sound of your meal too - sounds delicious.

• Ooh what a lovely looking plate of food Zest. I have got homemade Quorn Curry tonight.

Alicia :)

• Hi Alicia,

Great to hear from you, and your Quorn Curry sounds really good - I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for your kind comments on my meal. :-)

Hope you're having a great week so far.

• Hi Zest

If I'm going to be honest since last Thursday life has been pants as my poor husband had a nasty fall in the garden and has broken either one or more ribs so let's say eating is not my highest priority at the moment. Mind you, I don't have to worry about my weight as I'm not eating a lot so there may be a bonus at the end of this :)

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Alicia

• Hi Alicia,

Really sorry to hear your poor husband had that nasty fall - it must be very painful for him to have those broken bones - I really hope he recuperates well and I hope that you both get some good luck to make up for it. It's probably difficult to see the silver lining at such times, but I can see you're already considering the bonus of not eating as much, but I really hope you are both feeling in better spirits very soon.

Take care,

• Aw bless and thank you Zest. He's not in a very good frame of mind at the moment as he doesn't cope with pain and I know he's in a lot of pain. Definitely good though that my eating has gone out of the window lol

Take care

Alicia :)

You may also like...