Healthy Eating
31,916 members4,383 posts

Tasty Dinner tonight :-)

Tasty Dinner tonight :-)

Hi everyone,

Just wondering what you've had for your dinner tonight, so please share if you want to.

I had Chicken breast Escalopes with new potatoes, broccoli and sugar snap green peas. It was really tasty and approx 400 calories.

Zest :-)

29 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi zest

It looks delicious 😋 I hope you enjoy the rest of your night

Rosie 😊

1 like

Hi Rosie,

Thanks very much, and I hope you have a lovely evening too.

Zest :-) xx

Lovely dinner I bet it tasted good

1 like

Hi Caroline,

Yes, it was really good - thanks for your lovely reply. I hope you had an enjoyable meal yourself and that you're having a great week so far.

Zest :-) xx

Hello Zest,

Looks so healthy, must admit my tea isn't quite as healthy (but normally I am very good) I had root veggie pie with roast potatos, steamed green beans and thick gravy - it was lovely

1 like

Hi Kitten-whiskers,

Thanks for your lovely reply, and it's great to hear your meal - that sounds really lovely - Root Veggie pie - what a great idea! I'd like to try out a few more vegetarian meals - and that one sounds like a delicious option.

Hope you have a great week.

I will try and post more often, then if you like the sound of something, I can send you over the recipe.

Its not been a good start to the week but I am sure it will improve, hope your ok?

1 like

Great, I'll look out for your posts. Sharing recipes is a great idea. :-)

I hope your week gets better. Yes, thanks, I'm doing ok - enjoying the week so far. :-)

1 like

I'm having Lentil Bobotie, made with almond milk instead of cream to keep it vegan.

(and a spinach smoothie to start!)

2 likes

Hi benwl,

Your meal sounds gorgeous, thanks for your lovely reply, and I am going to look up how to do 'Lentil Bobotie' - as it sounds interesting. :-) Your spinach smoothie sounds like a great starter.

Hope you have a really good week.

The bobotie was great :) it was the first time I tried it and the veganization needs some modification but the the almond milk, raisens, bay leaf gave it a nice flavor profile.

Give it a go! A non vegan version would probably be easier :)

1 like

It sounds really good. :-)

NICE :)

1 like

Lovely, but just missing copious amounts of butter on those potatoes!!

1 like

lol :-) Thanks for the suggestion there, Dottie2011 - a knob of butter would have definitely not gone amiss. :-)

1 like

It would have also helped you absorb the nutrients in those veggies! ;)

chriskresser.com/have-some-...

Thanks for that, Dottie2011 - it is unusual for us not to add some butter to our potatoes, not sure why we didn't yesterday. I remember we were looking at the mint plant - but it didn't look all that healthy, so maybe that was why... :-)

Actually, I have just removed that comment about having fat with carbs, Zest, as I couldn't find much more supporting evidence for it's benefits, other than from that one link. So, I don't know whether it's correct or not.

1 like

I had some Guernsey Gache with butter as a dessert, so hopefully the butter from that course would have helped me to absorb the nutrients and vitamins in the vegetables. Just remembered that! Phew! :-)

1 like

Ahh, that's ok then. :)

1 like

:-)

Nice Meal! I had grilled lemon chicken, zucchini spaghetti with grape tomatoes with touch of extra virgin olive oil

1 like

Thanks deeheels,

I love the sound of your meal too - sounds delicious.

Ooh what a lovely looking plate of food Zest. I have got homemade Quorn Curry tonight.

Alicia :)

1 like

Hi Alicia,

Great to hear from you, and your Quorn Curry sounds really good - I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for your kind comments on my meal. :-)

Hope you're having a great week so far.

Hi Zest

If I'm going to be honest since last Thursday life has been pants as my poor husband had a nasty fall in the garden and has broken either one or more ribs so let's say eating is not my highest priority at the moment. Mind you, I don't have to worry about my weight as I'm not eating a lot so there may be a bonus at the end of this :)

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Alicia

Hi Alicia,

Really sorry to hear your poor husband had that nasty fall - it must be very painful for him to have those broken bones - I really hope he recuperates well and I hope that you both get some good luck to make up for it. It's probably difficult to see the silver lining at such times, but I can see you're already considering the bonus of not eating as much, but I really hope you are both feeling in better spirits very soon.

Take care,

Aw bless and thank you Zest. He's not in a very good frame of mind at the moment as he doesn't cope with pain and I know he's in a lot of pain. Definitely good though that my eating has gone out of the window lol

Take care

Alicia :)

1 like

You may also like...