My favourite breakfast :-)

My favourite breakfast  :-)

Hi everyone,

This is my favourite breakfast choice, I have it most mornings - and I just wondered what your favourite breakfast choice is, and why you like it so much.

Mine is approx 400 calories and consists of:

30g porridge oats

150ml Guernsey full-fat milk

Fresh fruit - strawberries and blueberries

Dried fruit - cranberries and apricots

Seeds - pumpkin seeds

Nuts - 4 almonds, 2 Brazil nuts and a sprinkle of toasted almond flakes

Sprinkle of cinnamon

I find this breakfast to be satisfying, delicious, and it lasts me until lunch-time.

What do you enjoy having for breakfast?

What I like about my breakfast, is the range of flavours and nutrients. I love the crunchy texture of the nuts and the colourful display of lovely fruits.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Zest :-)

Skip

Featured Content

Follow the community

Discuss all aspects of nutrition, from specific foods to recipes and more. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits.

Get Started

Featured by HealthUnlocked

20 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Another breakfast option I enjoy is Poached eggs on wholemeal toast - infact I love eggs in any format - poached, scrambled, fried - I am thinking of having them for breakfast tomorrow. :-)

• Yummy! I love eggs too.

• looks great and excellent nutrients -- good calories.

I usually recommend - 1/3 of daily caloric needs -to be eaten at breakfast - within two hours

of waking up.

• Hi champak045,

Thanks for your reply - and I hope you enjoyed your breakfast today - I usually eat mine between 7.30am to 8am - which is usually about half an hour after I've woken up.

What did you have for your breakfast today?

• Fab Breakfast you can change berries for sultanas. I sprinkle flax seeds. And sometimes I put in a tea spoon of pure set honey. All in a calorific deficit.

At the moment I like to have a change at breakfast so a slice of low GI toast and a spoon of peanut butter.

• Hi Royo,

Definitely, changing the berries for sultanas is a great option - and I like your addition of flax seeds. It's a versatile breakfast that people can adapt to their personal tastes - I often sprinkle chia seeds on too - but I've run out of them at the moment.

I like the sound of your toast with peanut butter - lovely combination! :-) I also like to have a change on the weekends, and I was going to have eggs today, but in the end I went for my porridge breakfast yet again... lol

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

• I always fancy eggs for breakfast. Then I end up with my porridge or toast.

I then have eggs later in the day.

Because I am thinking about it maybe it’s because I feel I have to have something with an egg. So if I was to have boiled egg then toast will follow. So I just go straight for my GI toast with peanut butter . Its simpler?

• Talking of eggs, I'm going to have an Egg mayonnaise and salad wrap for lunch today - I'm really looking forward to it. :-)

Hope you're enjoying your day. I can see what you're saying about having something simple and easy in the morning for breakfast. :-)

• My break-fast meal at midday was soaked oats with chia jelly, walnuts, coconut cream and cinnamon. I really enjoyed it; besides this is the first time I created and ate this combination.

• Hi Luckysugar,

Thanks for your lovely reply, and your break-fast meal at midday sounds really delicious! Can you tell me how long you soaked the ingredients for? I've done an overnight oats dish before, but not with that combination, and I have to say it sounds really appealing and delicious - I would love to give it a go.

Glad you enjoyed it. Hope you're having a great weekend.

• I already have chia jelly in my fridge. I only soak small amount of rolled oats in plain water overnight. When eating this, just combine all together plus a pinch of salt. For me, little salt enhance the flavor of coconut cream.

Have a lovely weekend!

• Thanks very much, it sounds really good. :-)

• Give it a try. It is like another version of chia pudding but mine is adding up more ingredients to make up a meal.

• I need to buy some more chia seeds, but once I've got those, then I will definitely give it a try. :-)

• Hi there Zest, I've been on holiday for 2 weeks and am now back to eating my favourite breakfast and that is porridge with chopped almonds, I love porridge.

• Hi crazyfitness,

Welcome back from your holiday - I hope you had a wonderful time - I missed you! :-) Yum, porridge with chopped almonds - such a lovely combination. We share a love of porridge!

Hope you have a really good week.

• I had a lovely time in South Derbyshire and we were so lucky with the weather, it was actually quite warm - it's a bit different now though, jumper time I think!! I absolutely love porridge and have always loved it.

Have a fab week Zest.

Alicia :)

• Glad you had good weather, Alicia, but you have returned to 'jumper' weather for definite! :-) Yes, here's to a great week ahead. :-)

• That looks lovely!

I rarely have breakfast, but love porridge. Always with high fat organic milk & a pinch of himalayan salt, sometimes maple syrup & cream. I eat fruit mid-afternoon when I take my iron supplements.

Mx

• Hi Mel,

Thanks for your lovely reply, and your addition to porridge sounds delicious.

Zest :-) xx

You may also like...