Healthy Eating
33,254 members4,779 posts

Prawn & Vegetable Risotto Tonight :-)

Prawn & Vegetable Risotto Tonight :-)

Hi everyone,

Tonight I had a Prawn and Vegetable risotto - the vegetables included butternut squash, red pepper, courgettes and white onions. I added some Parmesan cheese, and I worked out the total calories for this meal are approx 615 calories.

I'm trying to think of a new meal to have later this week - so I'm on the look out for recipes - I'd like to expand on my repertoire of meals, as I know I tend to stick with old favourites otherwise, and I am keen to vary my meals and potentially try new things.

What have you had for your evening meal? Have you got a recipe you really like, and could share? I'd love to hear ideas.

Have a lovely evening.

Zest :-)

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Zest,

For dinner tonight, I had 2 medium sized gefilte fish pieces, a cup of beets and some gluten free baked cheddar cheese flavored crackers. Very light! :-)

I'm not sure what the plan will be for Friday night's dinner, but tomorrow is going to be less fun! It depends on the weather.

2 likes

Hi Activity2004,

Great to see you, and your dinner sounds lovely.

Hope the weather is good today!

Enjoy your day.

Zest :-) xx

1 like

Hi Zest One of the stand by meals I do when I'm in a hurry is cheats fish pie using :

A pkt fish pie mix

A tin of ratatouille

Some grated cheddar or any other strong cheese

A big handful of crushed cornflakes

Place the fish in a casserole dish, pore over the ratatouille

Mix the cheese and cornflakes together and spread over the top

Place in a medium to hot oven and cook for about 30 minutes or until the fish is cooked.

I'ts quick and delicious

2 likes

Hi Morgancando,

Thank you so much for that suggestion - I really really like Fish Pie - so I will definitely be considering that - I've not had one for ages, and I know it would be really delicious.

Your method is really convenient and quick - thanks for sharing it. :-)

Hope you have a great day.

Zest :-)

You're welcome. I do normally cook from scratch but it's always good to have an easy no fuss recipe to fall back on. I keep things like the fish pie mix in the freezer and it doesn't take long to thaw. It's good to add some prawns to it too.

1 like

I agree about the Fish Pie mix, it is really good! I like to add prawns too. Thanks again. :-)

1 like

You may also like...