Healthy Eating
31,163 members4,266 posts

Healthy Eating Pledges (week of 21st August to 27th August 2017)

Healthy Eating Pledges (week of 21st August to 27th August 2017)

Hi everyone,

Last week I listed a few personal Healthy eating Pledges I would like to accomplish, and I found it very motivating, so I'm doing another pledge post for this week, so if you'd like to join me, then feel free to join in and pledge your own personal Pledges.

For this week (21st - 27th August 2017) I pledge to:

1. Find and cook a new recipe - and share it in the forum.

2. Make a batch of healthy soup to freeze.

3. Do some focused Strength exercises (Resistance bands, Kettlebells, body weight exercises like squats and press-ups), to complement my cardio exercise (walking and gym activities) that I currently do.

4. Go to the gym twice this week.

5. This week I have a lunch out and also an evening meal out, so I hope to choose healthily on both occasions.

6. Drink sufficient water.

I'm surprised that I've ended up with 6 pledges this week. But I am feeling enthusiastic right now, as I've just got back from an invigorating walk!

I am posting a photo of some scenery I saw earlier in the week - on a lovely sunny day, and I really hope we have more weather like that.

Wishing everyone a great week, and I hope you'll join me, if you want to Pledge something for this week.

I will do an update post next weekend, and will tag anyone who joins me in this week's Pledges, so that they'll be aware of when I post that.

Zest :-)

25 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi zest

The photos are lovely, you have made a lot of pledges but I believe that you have the will power to do them, I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening

Rosie 😊 xx

1 like

Hi rosie-2015,

Thanks so much. :-)

Hope you've had a great evening too, and wishing you an excellent week ahead. :-)

Zest :-) xx

1 like

Mine will have to be doing my neglected video each day again and being ruthless in decluttering prior to moving on Sept.4th.

Thank you for your motivating message Zest.

1 like

Hi feelgood41,

Great that you're joining in with some Pledges, that is really great! :-)

I'd like to wish you success in achieving your goals - hope you enjoy re-connecting with that neglected video, and may much 'de-cluttering' take place to prepare for your move on 4th Sept - you can do this! :-)

Have a lovely week, and I will tag you when I do the update post, so we can feed-back on our progress.

Thank you so much Zest

1 like

:-)

My pledge this week is to actually get started, having put it off and gained more weight over the summer.

To fill in the NHS weekly plan sheet.

To eat wholesome food.

To eat mindfully, remembering why I want to lose weight.

That's enough for now.

1 like

Hi Elizahanna,

Great to have you join us for some Pledges - I think your pledges sound great - and I'd like to wish you success with them. I'll tag you when I do the update post next weekend - so you'll be able to update on your progress, if you want to.

I hope you have a really enjoyable week.

Thank you Zest. Tagging me would be a great help to keep me focussed!

1 like

Great, and wishing you all the best for a good week. :-)

Hello zest hope you are well. I am still on holiday till 28th. My diet and everything else is out of the window just now. Will get back on the healthy eating from next Tuesday when I am back home. Have a good week.

1 like

Hi Caroline62,

It's great to hear from you, especially as I know you're still on your holiday - it's lovely that you've popped in to say 'hello'.

I hope you're having a wonderful time, and enjoying each and every moment - and making some lovely holiday memories.

Wishing you an excellent week, and I really appreciate you popping by. :-)

Hi Zest

Well done on your pledges and I know that mine last week was to stop picking, I have been pretty good at following that and do feel better for it.

This week's is to carry on with the abdominal exercises that I have started and to go on a power walk before breakfast on as many days as possible i.e. depending on what I am doing for the day. My other pledge is to carry on with looking at my diet closely as I suffer with IBS and am slowly but surely removing things that I don't think agree with me, this isn't easy.

Also, where are the photos from as they are lovely?

Have a good week.

Alicia

:)

1 like

Hi Alicia,

Thank you, and I am really pleased you're joining in with more pledges for this week - it's great to have your company - very motivating.

Your pledges for this week sound great, and I'd like to wish you success with them. I feel sure that power walk before breakfast will energise you for the day, and it's great that you've found some abdominal exercises you like. Good luck with finding foods that are agreable for you - and avoiding those that you don't tolerate - I can imagine that is complicated to get it right, but I hope you enjoy your meals this week.

The photos are taken in Guernsey, the first one (top left) is overlooking Fermain Bay, and the flowers (top right) were taken in St. Peter Port, and then the bottom 2 are along the coast where the Bathing Pools are. It was a particularly sunny day - lovely.

It's a foggy day today by contrast.

Good luck this week with your pledges, and I'll tag you on the weekend when I post an update post, so we can share our progress.

Hi there Zest

Power walking is by far the exercise that I enjoy the most, I would much rather be outside than in.

It looks beautiful in Guernsey and it sounds like you have the weather today that we had yesterday. I don't live too far as I live in the Westcountry and look out onto the English Channel.

Looking forward to receiving your update later this week.

Have a lovely week.

Alicia :)

1 like

Thanks Alicia, The Westcountry is lovely - a beautiful part of the country. I'll wave at you across the Channel sometime. :-)

Have a lovely week.

Thank you and I do like the countryside of the Westcountry but have to say that my heart is really in the Lake District as I am a lover of the mountains and scenery they give, it's such a beautiful place.

Am in South Derbyshire soon for a two week holiday so looking forward to that.

A way across the Channel to you :)

Alicia x

1 like

Hi Alicia,

I think the Lake District is beautiful too - I've had a few lovely holidays up there.

I bet you're excited about your 2 week holiday to South Derbyshire, that should be really good.

I'm just cooking a Risotto now - will add some vegetables and some Prawns. Looking forward to it.

I hope you have a tasty meal tonight yourself.

Hope you enjoyed your Risotto, the only thing I don't like is Prawns as I'm not keen on the texture but I love Risotto.

I'm in a bit of a 'I don't know what to eat phase' as I'm getting prepared to follow the FODMAP diet for IBS sufferers and I need to get my head round what I can and cannot eat, there is a fair bit that you can't eat. Am just looking through menus etc to give me some ideas, I don't want to just eat bland food.

Hope your having a good day and it's sunny, it's really hot here which is the first time in a very long time.

Alicia :) xx

1 like

Hi Alicia,

I'd like to wish you the best with starting the FODMAP diet - I've read about it in the past, and it does look lengthy and bland, but I can completely understand how important it will be to work out what you can tolerate and what you can't.

I hope you managed to find something you could eat tonight. I've had some fish (Basa) with some vegetables and beans - but I have decided the fish wasn't as healthy as it could have been - I was being a bit lazy and bought a pre-prepared frozen packaged fish - and it had some breadcrumbs coating it - although it was 'tasty' I suspect it was quite 'processed' - so I'm going to prepare my own fish next time, which is what I normally do. :-)

Hope you have a lovely evening.

Thank you Zest and the hardest part is trying to get my head round it but I have joined a Facebook group of 'FODMAPers' and they are helping me.

I can still eat a certain amount but I am finding that my diet is getting boring so I need to be a little creative. I also have fish in the freezer that has it's own coating and I decided a few days ago that I was going to eat it and then prepare my own, much better for you. Also, I won't be able to eat what I have in the freezer when I am following the FODMAP diet.

Here's to being a lot more creative :)

Alicia xx

1 like

Great that you've found some 'FODMAPers' on Facebook to help you out. That should be good.

Yes, here's to being more creative - I agree with that. :-)

They are really good as they have shared a couple of things with me which are really helpful.

Here's to a creative future with food :) xx

1 like

Hi Zest please can you tag me when you do your pledge round up too. My pledges for the week include making it a low alcohol week, getting out for at least one run (nothing so far this week :( ) and doing something interesting with broccoli (I bought two heads instead of one by mistake!)

1 like

Hi Ruth_canal_runner,

Yes, I will tag you - and it's wonderful that you're joining us for some Healthy Pledges - in particular I am looking forward to hearing what you decide to do with all that Broccoli. :-)

Hope you enjoy your run when you do it.

Wishing you an excellent week.

1 like

You may also like...