I am trying to have at least 2 Non-meat recipes per week, and this is what I had tonight. It turned out ok - so I wanted to share it with you:
Vegetable Risotto (Serves 2)
1 Red Pepper
1 chopped white onion
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
Drizzle olive oil
100g fresh spinach
100g Spanish paella rice
500ml vegetable stock
30g Parmesan cheese (NB: If you're Vegetarian, then use a suitable vegetarian cheese)
1. Chop the vegetables (red pepper, broccoli, butternut squash and mushrooms) and put on a baking tray, and then drizzle with olive oil, and bake for approx. 20 minutes at 180’C
2. Chop the onion and crush the garlic, and put both in a large frying pan, and then sauté with olive oil for a few minutes, and then add 100g paella rice, and stir through for 1 minute.
3. Add 500ml vegetable stock, and stir whilst simmering for 15 minutes
4. Add the roasted vegetables to the pan, and stir through, and continue cooking – adding more hot water (if required) and cook for approx. 10 more minutes, or until the rice is cooked through.
5. Add the spinach during this last phase, and ensure this is cooked through.
6. Stir through Parmesan cheese (30g) at the end and serve.
This recipe is approx 600 calories per person.
It was very tasty. I really enjoyed it.
I think it might be good to add some nuts (pine nuts or cashew nuts) for more protein, but it was filling and delicious - and I will definitely have it again.
Please share what you've had for your evening meal - if you want to - I really enjoy hearing what people have had, as it is great to share meal ideas.
Wishing everyone a great weekend.