Lunch on the Weekend

Lunch on the Weekend

Hi everyone,

Just sharing a photo of my lunch today - Smoked salmon (50g); scrambled eggs and wholemeal toast. I've sprinkled black pepper and hot paprika on top for extra taste. (Total calories of this meal = 502).

I haven't been for my usual walk today - as the weather is not great - so I am trying to motivate myself to do some indoor exercise - maybe a kettle-bell work-out, or an exercise DVD.

I'm hoping to try at least one new recipe this week - but I need to sit down and have a good look through some recipe books, and also previous posts in the forum for ideas.

In particular, I'm interested in trying out some Vegetarian recipes, to give myself a better range to choose from - as I've decided I'd like to go meat free for 1 or 2 days a week.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.

Zest :-)

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi zest

Your lunch look's delicious, i hope you find some delicious vegetarian recipes and enjoy the rest of your weekend

Rosie 😉

2 likes

Hi Rosie,

Thanks for your reply - and I hope you're enjoying your weekend so far. I've just done a work-out from a DVD, and I am sweating now!!! Having a lovely glass of water to cool down. But glad I did it, and feel more 'energised' now for the afternoon.

Hope you have a great afternoon and enjoy your evening too.

Zest :-) xxx

2 likes

That is actually my favourite lunch and in particular with Sourdough bread - yummy :)

1 like

Hi Alicia,

Having it with Sourdough bread sounds like a great option - thanks for mentioning that! :-) Yes, it's one of my favourite lunches too - which is why I often have it on a weekend, as I love weekends. :-)

Hope you're having a really good weekend.

I had some soup with cheesy bread today for lunch. What did you have?

Hi there Zest,

It tastes gorgeous with sourdough bread and it is certainly one of my favourites.

I had homemade wholemeal seeded bread filled with chicken and a little Lactose free cheese as a toasted sandwich - I love that as well for lunch. I am enjoying it while I can and before I start the FODMAP diet for IBS, I won't be able to have it for a few weeks once I have started the diet.

Hope you've had a lovely weekend. Today has turned out sunny where it was supposed to rain - bonus as we got the gardening done.

Alicia :)

1 like

Hi Alicia,

Your homemade seeded bread sounds good! Especially filled with chicken and the cheese - yum!

I know you're going to start the FODMAP diet for IBS, so I'd like to wish you success with doing that.

Yes, it's finally turned out sunny here as well - and I managed to get out for an evening walk, which was great.

Good to hear you got your gardening done. :-)

It is a lovely bread and I have been told that it's a good idea to make the dough in the breadmaker and then cook it in the oven as it turns out softer. I've yet to buy a bigger loaf tin but I might not be making it now until I have eliminated what foods I cannot eat by following the FODMAP diet.

Thank you for your good wishes re the FODMAP diet.

Glad it turned out sunny for you and I hope you enjoyed your walk.

:)

You may also like...