Healthy Eating
30,314 members4,078 posts

Dinner tonight

Dinner tonight

Hi everyone,

I've been away for a while, but I'm back, and sharing my evening meal photo - it was delicious:

Salmon steak; large mushroom with Haloumi cheese on top; roasted vegetables (with drizzle of olive oil), including broccoli, red onions, swede, cauliflower and sweet potato chips and half a tomato.

I really enjoyed it. I calculated that it was a total of 744 calories.

I am hoping to try a couple of new recipes this week, so if I do manage to do that, I'll hope to post the resulting food, if it proves to work out ok!!!

Please share what you had for your evening meal if you want to - as I like to hear what people are having, as it gives me good ideas to try out.

Wishing everyone a great week.

Zest :-)

8 Replies
oldestnewest

That looks and sounds delicious but my daily calories are only 1350 daily, I often wonder why my intake is so low but I'm only 5ft 4 I've done all the checks but that's what my allowance is for the day, I hope you're enjoying the lovely weather

Rosie 😊 xx

1 like

Hi Rosie,

I know the meal would be a lot less calorific if you omitted the cheese. :-) So that would be a way to get the calories down - for definite. But Haloumi cheese is very tasty - especially on one of those large mushrooms, I've discovered... :-)

Yes, the weather is great - but there was a massive thunderstorm at midday, and lots of rain. Not sure if you've experienced that today?

Hope you enjoy your evening.

Zest :-) xxx

1 like

Hi zest

You can get away with extra calories due to your height and exercise, I hope you go on enjoying your cheese especially as it is good for you, occasionally I treat myself to cheese on toast lol.

I'm sorry to hear about your thunder storm, we've had a lovely sunny day.

Rosie 😊 xx

1 like

Glad to hear you had a lovely sunny day, Rosie. I love cheese on toast too - so delicious!!! :-) xxx

Looks lovely Zest, glad you enjoyed it :)

Nice to see you are back, i didn't think i had seen you around.

Enjoy the rest of your week :)

1 like

Hi blackbeauty99,

Thanks very much, and great to be back. I was away on holiday - and I feel refreshed and good for the break.

Hope you're having a great week.

1 like

Hi@ Zest nice you retiurned home safely. Checked my weight today and am still the same as 4 weeks ago, which though ok is not what I am aiming for, to lose about 4lbs to have something in hand for after a break in September. Still time though. I find another meal in evening is bit much for me (preparation wise) regret I had scramb led egg on toast! A childhood favourite, so call it comfort food....

1 like

Hi feelgood41,

Thanks so much for the lovely reply. :-)

Keep your resolve going to lose those 4 pounds, you still have plenty of time to do that, and the fact you've managed to maintain your weight is much better than gaining, so keep positive. You can do this! :-)

I think scrambled eggs on toast is very tasty - I'm a big fan of eggs. My favourite way of cooking eggs is poaching - I love the taste of poached eggs on toast. I am glad you enjoyed your meal, and I agree it is a comfort food, and enjoyable as a result. :-)

Hope you have a great week.

You may also like...