Chicken Curry Recipes

Chicken Curry Recipes

Hi everyone,

I'm happy that the weekend is here. :-) Tonight I had a Chicken curry and Basmati brown rice.

I used a Balti sauce for mine, and had it with half a yellow pepper, 1 courgette, half an aubergine and some chicken, all cooked together with some olive oil and served on 60 gram portion of brown basmati rice. The curry served 2 people, and was very tasty. :-)

I was wondering if anyone has any Recipes for Curries that they would like to share in this thread? I'd love to make one from scratch, i.e. without using a pre-bought sauce - but any recipe you care to share would be much appreciated.

Or if you just want to say what you had for your evening meal tonight, I'd love to hear that as well.

It's great to get ideas for meals.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.

Zest :-)

p.s. I have a recipe for: 'Sweet potato Chickpea Curry with Cashew Nuts' that I posted previously, which I am intending to cook sometime - as it looks really tasty:

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Follow the community

Discuss all aspects of nutrition, from specific foods to recipes and more. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits.

Get Started

Featured by HealthUnlocked

25 Replies

oldestnewest
  • This sounds great, Zest! I will have to check and see what I can come up with as a recipe!😀

• Great, thanks Activity2004 - hope you have a lovely weekend. :-)

• You, too!

• I have a very tasty and easy Chicken Panang curry, but it's in PDF format and I don't think there's anyway to attach the file.

• I will look up 'Chicken Panang Curry' online to see how it's made. Thanks for mentioning it. :-) I wouldn't be sure how to link to a PDF format file either - maybe it's not possible in the forum.

• I found the URL - carlsbadcravings.com/pantry...

I really liked it.

• Wow, that looks really good - thanks for that. :-) Looks like it has a lot of flavour. :-)

• It was very good. You can just add more curry paste if you like it on the hot side.

• Hi zest Your meal looks delicious, I'm having a chicken and black bean stir fry with bean sprouts and mixed veg for my dinner tonight. I hope you have a nice restful weekend

Rosie xx 😊

• Hi rosie-2015,

Thank you! :-) I always enjoy curry - it's so tasty. :-) Your stir-fry sounds delicious!

Thanks for your weekend wishes, and I hope you also enjoy a restful weekend - I admit I am feeling quite tired, so glad it is here!

Zest :-) xxx

• That looks so tasty Zest. I still have the recipe for the Sweet potato and chickpea curry with cashew nuts on my phone, i will get around to it. My friend has already made it on this forum and she said it was lovely. I will take a note of this one too. Thanks again. love grace xoxoxo

• Hi grace111,

I am really glad to hear that your friend made the Sweet potato and Chickpea Curry with Cashew nuts - and that she enjoyed it. :-) I'm like you, I've not got round to making it yet, but I have bought some cashew nuts in readiness!!! :-) Hopefully next week sometime.

Have a lovely weekend.

Zest :-) xxx

• I'm the ultimate miser ( or recycler). In our house we love our Sunday roast. Since I get a local free range chicken with no added water the flesh is rather dense. At times I've fed four on 3 days with it.

I never buy a pre made sauce. Sauté onions and veggies first. When it comes to adding flavouring I open the press and see what I have.

On Indian night I might chuck in z bit of curry powder and garam massa. If I have natural yogurt I might mix it through at the end. But the troops don't like it. Sultanas sometimes. But the troops don't like it. On occasions I've even used banana. But the troops don't like it.

Very rarely I've used coconut milk. And the troops DO like it. However it's heavy in calories and you never use up he full package and i hate throwing out food. So I rarely use it.

On Chinese night I chuck in Chinese five spice.

• Hi derrygeel,

Thanks so much for all those suggestions - I would definitely like to try a curry without using a pre-bought sauce - and you have given me some excellent suggestions - I have tried a Thai Green Curry before using the coconut milk and a spoonful of Thai curry paste, and that seemed to work well. I have seen some very small cans of coconut milk, which seems better in terms of amount, and avoiding wasting any. I also hate throwing out food.

I think I'll get some Chinese five spice, on your recommendation, as I haven't had any Chinese food for a while, and I do like the taste.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

• Mmmmm yummy will be trying that thanks for the recipe zest x

• Great, hope you enjoy it val51, and that you're having a lovely weekend. :-)

• Hi zest,

Thanks so much for the recipe i loved it, it was great. Please may you email me some more recipes.

Thanks

curryluver

• Hi curryluver,

Glad you liked it.

There are some more recipes here:

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

• Today I walked 12716 steps in the National Park, Brilliant, Mumbai in the early morning.......

• That's great! Keep it up!

• Hi SBJ1947,

That sounds like a really lovely walk - I hope you enjoyed the scenery and that you're enjoying the weekend.

• Looks really good. Love curries and I like your combination of ingredients. Lazy food weekend here. My family ended up in a Mexican style restaurant yesterday. Delicious but today will be 'carbs light' with some nice salad and chicken cooked with lemon and garlic. 😊

• Hi Roset16,

I love Mexican style restaurants - I hope you enjoyed your meal there. :-) Great that you're planning to have a nice salad and some chicken cooked with lemon and garlic today - that sounds really good! :-)

I'm out for a family meal tonight - probably a roast dinner, so I'm having a lunch of some Chicken soup and wholemeal bread with peanut butter - and I am planning on a long walk this morning, as the sun is shining.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

• Thank you. Not sure I'll walk much today. The rain has just started! Hope you have a lovely sunny day and enjoy your roast dinner-always nice isn't it, especially if someone else cooks it..

• It was a lovely meal - and you're right, it's especially good when someone else cooks it!!! :-) Hope the rain stops soon so you can enjoy some sunshine. :-)

You may also like...