Salad for Lunch today :-)

Salad for Lunch today :-)

Hi everyone,

I had a colourful and tasty salad for lunch today - really enjoyed it. Tried to replicate a bit of a 'smile' in my presentation of it - and looking forward to the weekend, which is nearly here. I also had a piece of wholemeal bread with peanut butter on it, and then a piece of homemade Fruity banana cake for dessert.

Wondering what other people had for lunch, and wishing everyone a great weekend. :-)

Zest :-)

Skip

Featured Content

Follow the community

Discuss all aspects of nutrition, from specific foods to recipes and more. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits.

Get Started

Featured by HealthUnlocked

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • very nice zest. yummy.

• Thanks grace111 - I really enjoyed it. Hope you have a lovely weekend. :-)

• I had my home made organic burger packed with onion and garlic and broccoli with a few asparagus spears and sugar snap peas. it was delicious. love grace xoxoxo

• That sounds really good, grace111 - Asparagus spears are really delicious and seasonal at the moment aren't they. I had some the other day, and really enjoyed them. Your meal sounds great! :-) xxx

• its since i'v joined this healthy eating part of the forum and seeing all the lovely pics of food that i'v been making such good meals. Its been so inspiring for me.

• Fantastic, that's really great! :-) It's brilliant that you're enjoying some good meals - and feeling inspired - long may that lovely feeling last! :-)

• I like your smily zest.

• Thanks very much, patliputra - I hope you have a wonderful weekend. :-)

• Thanks Dottie11,

lol :-)

• Hello Zest. As I think I have said this to you before, presentation and variety are the key words which makes that most appealing. But where is the green stuff which is important in the diet.

My computer keyboard doesn't do smilies

• Hi Tibbly,

Thanks for your kind comments. You're right, there wasn't much green in my salad (there were some edamame beans - light green though ;-) )- and I have already planned another one for this evening, and am already prepared with a lovely bag or watercress, spinach and rocket salad greens and some parsley and coriander herbs - I will hope to put a photo of my meal up this evening, so you can enjoy the greenery and varied colours. :-)

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

• Hi again Tibbly - I do smilies by putting the following together:

colon :

hyphen -

closed bracked )

So put them together without any spaces, and you can do a smiley:

:-)

• Thanks Zest, I'll give it a try. I'm glad to hear that green has returned to your salad, they sound great.

I think the weather is good with you too. It was 29°C with us yesterday.

• Yes, it's great weather, although a bit foggy today so far. But a good temperature. :-) Hope the sun will make it out later. :-)

You may also like...