Dinner tonight :-)

Dinner tonight :-)

Hi everyone,

Here is a photo of my meal this evening - it was a Roasted Duck breast with half a jacket potato, and some roasted vegetables (broccoli, red onions, mushrooms, yellow pepper, courgettes and a very large parsnip!) and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.

Just wondering what other people had tonight, so please share if you want to.

Wishing everyone a great week.

Zest :-)

Skip

Featured Content

Follow the community

Discuss all aspects of nutrition, from specific foods to recipes and more. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits.

Get Started

Featured by HealthUnlocked

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Loving all the veggies but I can't eat duck,.... or rabbit, or lamb or veal, should I go on?! I'm not a vegetarian but in the main my meat has to be disguised! Hope you enjoyed your meal 😊

• Hi Caz28 - Yes, I did enjoy it thanks. At least there are ways you can disguise meat - so you can then enjoy some. :-) I have been admiring the Pasta bake and also your salad you had yesterday (in the NHS weight loss forum - incase anyone is reading this and wondering where they are) - they were great meals, and very nicely presented.

Hope you're having a great evening.

• Thanks Zest, all your meals always look great too. As I can only have do few calories these days I always try and make sure it looks good and tastes good!

• Hi zest

Your meal looks tasty and full of lovely healthy vegetables. I had a nice chicken stir fry with a nice Chinese stir fry pack with bean sprout and sweet chilli and garlic sauce.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening

Rosie 😊 xx

• Hi Rosie,

Thank you! :-) Your meal sounds really delicious! I've not had a stir-fry for ages, you've reminded me of how tasty they can be.

I had a nice evening, and hope you did too.

Zest :-) xxx

• I would love to have stir fry, but can't find the time for it!

• Hi Activity2004,

Stir-fry is super quick to do! I hope you manage to find some time to enjoy one sometime soon. :-)

I know how busy you are, so hope you get chance to chill-out and relax over the weekend. :-)

• Thanks, Zest!

• Hi Dottie11,

I'm glad you enjoyed your meal last night - and that you got some good value free range organic sausages - your meal sounded really good. :-) Hope you get some free range bacon soon, as I know you're looking forward to tasting that again.

I investigated the duck I bought, and found that although it was reared in an 'airy barn', it wasn't allowed to enjoy immersing in water (which I feel sure ducks would love, as I see them doing when I'm out and about) - so I am going to think again about my choice of produce - and try to source something that is free range next time. If I can't find something, then I will most likely drop it from my menu.

Hope you're having a good week.

• Dottie I would agree with you about the free range. The conditions for many of our farmed animals is barbaric especially pigs. Pigs are highly intellegence creatures who suffer greatly from restrictive conditions with no stimulation. Ever seen how nursing mothers are kept penned so they cannot stand up ?

Ducks and geese too who need to access to water to swim in and are often kept crowded together in barns with no natural light.

We are called in the UK a nation of animal lovers. I disagree.

Dee

• Hi Dee,

I know you addressed your comment to Dottie11, but I just wanted to say that I agree about the importance of access to water for ducks and geese - it's really important, and I didn't realise that some ducks aren't given that freedom.

I had quite a long time when I was a pescatarian, and have only recently returned to eating some meat, but I don't think I've been 'thoughtful enough' about my choice of products, and I will definitely try to buy more ethically sourced things. Duck might not be on my menu for a while, but I did enjoy my meal last night.

Hope you're having a good week.

• Hello Zest. We often have duck breast, it's delicious. My wife splits it and stuffs it with some stewed prunes which keeps the duck meat moist. We have roast potatoes cooked in duck fat.

• Hi Tibbly,

That sounds delicious! :-)

You may also like...