Enjoyed my Evening Meal

Enjoyed my Evening Meal

Hi everyone,

Just wondering what you had for your evening meal. I am sharing a photo of my meal, which was some Cajun Chicken and a Vegetable Risotto (with Butternut squash, sweet potato, aubergine, onions, mushrooms and green pepper) and it was very tasty.

I'm hoping to enjoy an evening walk, as the sun is still shining. :-)

Hope you're having a great weekend.

Zest :-)

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Follow the community

Discuss all aspects of nutrition, from specific foods to recipes and more. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits.

Get Started

Featured by HealthUnlocked

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That looks lovely Zest, glad that you enjoyed it :)

I went out for lunch today and i had a chicken burger with lots of salad and a very small portion of chips. I ate my chips but only ate half of my burger. I think my stomach has shrunk as i can't eat all of my meals anymore like i used to. Suppose the chips weren't really the healthiest option, but i haven't had them for soooo long!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

• Hi blackbeauty99,

Thanks! :-) I've just got back from my walk, which was lovely.

Your lunch out today sounds delicious! :-) Hope you enjoyed those chips - they can taste good, can't they! :-) Sounds like your stomach has shrunk.

Here's to another fine day tomorrow - I hope the sun is shining again.

• That looks delicious Zest. I had a good meal today, I had home made burgers , i had organic mince and i chopped up the onion and garlic in my food processor and i had potates and aparagus spears which i roasted in the oven brushed with olive oil with crushed garlic and a pinch of chilli. I thorougly enjoyed it. love grace xoxo

• Hi grace111,

Thank you, I did enjoy it. :-)

Glad to hear you enjoyed your meal today - wow - home-made burgers -they sound great! At least you knew exactly what went into them, and they were delicious and full of nice things. I think the seasoning with crushed garlic and a pinch of chilli would really make them extra tasty. :-)

Hope you enjoy the remainder of the weekend.

Zest :-) xxx

• Hi zest I

Your meal sounds delicious, I'm just having boring fish pie but I had some cajun chicken and salad during the week. Your advice on the cajun chicken was brilliant, I've had it a few times but I will need to try it with other meals.

I hope you enjoyedyour walk and the rest of your weekend

Rosie xx 😊

• Hi Rosie,

Thank you! :-) I am so glad to hear that you enjoy the Cajun chicken - and good that you had some during the week. :-)

You know, I would never think of Fish Pie as boring - it is one of my favourite meals! I LOVE fish pie! :-) I bet it was really good.

Yes thanks, I enjoyed the walk very much - the sun was still up, and it was very relaxing.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and good luck for Monday's weigh-in. :-)

Zest :-) xxx

• Hi zest I love fish pie but this one wasn't home made, it was a young's fish pie although I must admit I like them as well. I had cod and vegetables during the week as well. I'm trying to introduce small amounts of veg after a flare up and it's been working out well. I weighed myself today and I had gone down to 12 St 7 lb 4 ozs but you know what it's like it changes daily, it was still good to see. We had the rain today and I didn't have a walk but did 20 mins on the bike. I hope you have another nice walk tomorrow

Rosie xx 😊

• Hi Rosie,

Glad to hear you're managing to tolerate some small amounts of veg and that it's working out well for you. :-)

Congratulations on losing a bit more weight as well - that's great! :-) Your 20 mins on the bike is great - you didn't let that rain put you off doing your exercise. :-) Hopefully it will be sunny today so you can enjoy some warmth 8-)

I'm looking forward to a long walk today - which I will need as I'm having a Sunday lunch out - three courses!!! I hope I choose well. :-)

Have a great day.

• Hi zest

Thanks for your nice words, the weather here is terrible.

I hope you have enjoyed your walk/run today and go on to have a lovely lunch, i look forward to hearing about it

Rosie xx 😉

• I'm having vegan borshch - there were some lovely looking organic beetroots in the supermarket so wanted to make something from them, added red cabbage, onions, carrots, potatoes, tomatos and kidney beans.

• Hi benwl,

Vegan borshch sounds great! Fantastic that you saw such great looking organic beetroots in the supermarket - and added all those great ingredients - it sounds really really good.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

• Love the sound of your vegetable risotto Zest Please can you give me the recipe? I've never made a risotto 😳

Thank you my friend xx

Mouse 🐭

• Hi Mouse,

Thank you - I got 'a recipe' from the box that the Risotto came in - but I adapted it to suit the ingredients I had to hand, so for my own version, it was as follows:

For 2 people:

Ingredients:

120g risotto rice (I used 'Spanish Paella Rice' from the Coop)

1 large white onion, chopped

1 chicken stock (or veg stock if you prefer that)

1 green pepper

100g butternut squash, chopped into cubes

2 small sweet potatoes, chopped into cubes

Third of a large aubergine, chopped into cubes

Mushrooms, cut up.

1 tablespoon of olive oil/good glug of it

Method:

I heated the olive oil and fried the onions for approx 4 to 5 mins. You could add garlic here if you would like, but I didn't have any.

I then added the chopped green pepper and the rice to the pan and stirred through for approx 1 minute.

Meanwhile, I made 500ml chicken stock using the stock and boiling water, and then added this to the pan, brought to the boil, and simmered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Meanwhile, I was roasting my chicken in the oven and also roasting my vegetables (the butternut squash, sweet potatoes, aubergine and mushrooms). If you preferred you could add those veg to the risotto pan instead, but I like to roast veggies for the flavour.

After the risotto had cooked for 15 minutes, I added some more hot water, to prevent it drying out and cooked for a remaining 10 minutes or so, and I got the roasted veggies out of the oven and stirred them into the risotto at this point - so they finished off cooking on the hob.

(The recipe on the box mentioned adding chicken and chorizo for flavour - but I just had my Cajun chicken which I'd cooked separately - and you can see that on the photo).

I hope you enjoy it, when you try a risotto - I really do love them. Adding some parmesan cheese towards the end to stir through can make it really creamy and delicious, but I didn't have any cheese, so just had it with the veggies.

• Just the sound of it is making my mouth water - mmmmm 😋

Thank you very much Zest - I have copied and printed it and shall attempt it next week after shopping for the ingredients :D

You may also like...