Chose a healthy meal out for lunch today :-) - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

49,861 members9,184 posts

Chose a healthy meal out for lunch today :-)

Zest
ZestStar

Hi everyone,

I had lunch in a cafe today, and chose the 'Tabbouleh Salad with Goat's Cheese' - it was delicious and really beautifully presented, so I wanted to share a picture with you.

Wondering what you've had for lunch today - so please share if you want to.

Zest :-)

20 Replies

Looks lovely Zest hope you enjoyed it. I was in marks and spencer 'a I only had a sandwich with a latte. Tonight I have done in the slow cooker a stew with veg and cubed pork.

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Caroline62

Hi Caroline62,

Thanks! :-) Your lunch sounds lovely - M&S do some great food in their cafes - so I am sure you had a tasty sandwich there.

Your slow cooker stew with veg and cubed pork for this evening sounds really good - I hope you enjoy it. I must think about using the slow cooker - we bought one that is big enough for 2 people, and we've not used it yet! Keep meaning to, and then never get around to it. Slow cooking makes such great depth of flavour.

I'm going to have some chicken with roasted vegetables and new Jersey potatoes tonight, and I'm hoping to cook the vegetarian recipe for 'Sweet potato and chickpea Curry with Cashew nuts' in a couple of days or so.

Hope you're enjoying your week so far.

Hi zest

It looks lovely, I've never heard of tabbouleh salad but as I said it looks lovely especially with the goat's cheese. I was a baddy I'm afraid I had a toasted hot cross bun with tetleys green tea and lemon, it's my first hot cross bun in years and it was delicious with hot melted Flora

Rosie xx 😊

Zest
ZestStar in reply to rosie-2015

Hi Rosie,

Thank you :-) I've just looked up what 'Taboulleh is' and I've copied and pasted a bit from Wikipedia here:

"Tabbouleh (Arabic: تبولة‎‎ tabūlah; also tabouleh or tab(b)ouli) is a Levantine vegetarian dish (sometimes considered a salad) made of tomatoes, finely chopped parsley, mint, bulgur, and onion, and seasoned with olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. Some variations add garlic or lettuce, or use couscous instead of bulgur.[1][2]"

Wikipedia link here, if you want to read more about it:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabbo...

It is really tasty.

I think a toasted Hot Cross Bun is a lovely thing to have! It sounds like you really enjoyed it. :-) Your tea sounds lovely and refreshing too.

Hope you're having a great week.

Hi zest

Thank you for letting me know, it sounds tasty but I have to watch what I'm eating with having diverticulosis it wasn't too bad at the beginning but over the year's it's gotten worse. I'll find out more when I have my mri on Tuesday. I hope you're enjoying this lovely weather and enjoy your roast chicken dinner tonight

Rosie xx 😊

grace111
grace111 in reply to rosie-2015

all the best foryour mri on tuesday rosie. love grace xoxo 🌺

rosie-2015
rosie-2015 in reply to grace111

Hi Grace 111

Thank you for your lovely comment I'm a bit nervous but I might take one of my talking disc's, they tell you you can take music so I hope it's the same thing lol my eldest son say's it's that loud that you can't hear anything. I hope it's nice and sunny where you are and you enjoy the rest of your evening

Rosie 😊 xx

grace111

thanks rosie i'v had an mri scan maybe it was different from yours it was to look at my gallbladder and they asked me if i wanted music but i said no. i had to breath in and out when they told me it was constant breathing and holding my breath. Im 66 and i i kept thinking i was going to loose my breath and wishing they would hurry up and tell me to breath again. i did manage thank goodness. it wasnt bad at all. its like lying inside a polo mint. wishing you all the best. yes take your music with you i could hear no problem. love grace xoxo 🌺

rosie-2015

Hi Grace 111 I needed that you made me laugh imaging myself in a polo mint lol it would have to be a big polo mint. The mri is for my bowel the letter I received say's I will have to do clenching as if I'm preventing myself from having a bowel movement lol I hope I do it properly, I hope will just imagine I'm in a polo minth that will calm me down thank you for that

Rosie xx 😊

grace111

oh im glad that gave you a laugh. its the best medicine. its a wide polo 😂 its a big circlular tub with a hole in the middle. yes i saw your post about duvertucultits. so i hope all works out well for you. i will look by on tuesday and see how you got on. just pretend your with a guy you fancy and you have just met him and you have wind. all the best rosie. xoxoxo love grace xoxoxo

rosie-2015

Hi Grace I'll try that my poor husband needs a nose clip lol I'll drop by on Tuesday and let you know how I got on

Rosie xx 😊

rosie-2015

Hi Grace

That's the mri over it lasted nearly an hour I didn't need to hold my breath but I had to do a lot of clutching and pushing butt, I felt as if I was in labour lol. I'm so glad it's all over it's the waiting game now for the results, I hope you're having a nice evening

Rosie xx 😊

grace111

oh thanks for letting me know rosie iv had a really bad week with nerve pain i was at the doctor today and it is getting better so thank goodness. thats good that you have got that mri behind you now. lets hope the results are more in your favour than not. keep in touch . love grace xoxoxo 👍

rosie-2015

Hi Grace That's bad news about the nerve pain, I have fibro does the gp know what's causing it. I get gabapentin and it's great it takes the edge of the pain the hardest thing to accept is that there's no magic pill, I hope you feel better soon

Rosie xx

Zest

Thanks Rosie,

It was very nice, and let's hope this lovely weather stays.

Zest :-) xxx

p.s. Wishing you well for your MRI scan - hope it goes well. :-)

rosie-2015
rosie-2015 in reply to Zest

Hi zest thank you for your kind wish's, it's another lovely day today and i took advantage of it and went for a short walk and i mean short lol it was only 2000 steps, I've also done 15 minutes on the bike, a lot more than this time last year onwards and downwards i hope you're enjoying the sunshine

Rosie xx 😊

Zest

Hi Rosie,

It's not been very sunny today, but it's still been a nice day - so can't complain. :-) Glad to hear you've enjoyed a walk and also your session on the bike - both great exercise.

I'm just enjoying an afternoon cup of coffee. :-)

Activity2004
Activity2004Administrator

This looks really good, Zest! Sorry I hadn't said anything sooner, but I was at work! :-) Keep it up!

Zest
ZestStar in reply to Activity2004

Thanks Activity2004,

Hope you're having a great week.

Activity2004
Activity2004Administrator in reply to Zest

I am, but busy!

You may also like...