It's the Weekend!!!

It's the Weekend!!!

Hi everyone,

I am excited it's a long weekend (for many of us), so would like to pledge a few things to make the weekend a healthier one for me:

1) I'm going to look out for a Vegetarian meal to try - looking forward to looking around to find a good recipe. Hope to share it with you, when I find it - plus a photo as well.

2) Planning to have a walk each day - have posted a photo of bluebells to inspire me - lots of beautiful scenes to enjoy at this time of year.

3) I am a member of the 'Maintainer's Club' in the NHS weight loss forum, so I am aware my monthly weigh-in is on Monday - so I'm hoping to ensure I don't overeat over the weekend, so I have a good result on the scales.

4) I would like to go for one cliff-path run - so I can report back to the 'Tortoise & Hare' club (also in the NHS weight loss forum).

If you want to share your Pledges for the weekend, then feel free to join me here in pledging them.

Wishing you all a great weekend.

Zest :-)

p.s. If you're new to the 'Healthy Eating Forum' then Welcome!!! There are some great information pages from NHS Choices website here, which you might like to have a look at:

nhs.uk/livewell/healthy-eat...

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Get tips and advice on eating healthy

Develop healthier eating habits & get more active. Our community helps to keep you on track.

Get started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Just popping back to update that I've enjoyed my first walk of the weekend, and it was really good. Saw plenty of bluebells - and the weather is glorious! Sunny and warm. Hope it's as nice wherever you are today. :-)

• Thats a really lovelly picture. just the way the sun is hitting the trees.

• Hi grace111,

Thanks! :-) It was a glorious day when I took that photo. We are having some great weather.

I hope you're having a lovely weekend.

• Hi zest good luck with your pledges , the picture is lovely I love the blue bells

Rosie 😊x

• Hi rosie-2015,

Thanks so much. :-) Yes, I love bluebells too - they are so pretty.

Hope you're having a great day.

Zest :-) xx

• So, I've had a second walk of the day! I am keen this weekend...!!! I am also considering having a completely 'Vegetarian Day' of food intake tomorrow - and so far I am going to have my usual Porridge breakfast with seeds and fruits on top, and then for lunch - it will be a homemade vegetarian soup (I have a couple of batches already frozen, so will de-frost one ready for lunch) and between now and dinner tomorrow evening I will need to decide on a Vegetarian recipe - so I'm going to enjoy having a look through some recipe books to find something suitable.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend so far.

If anyone else wants to pledge to do something this weekend to make their weekend healthier, then please do join me.

• The most popular meaning for bluebells is humility or sometimes gratitude. It is also associated with everlasting love and constancy. Bluebells are also called harebells in Scotland because it is believed that witches turned into hares and hide among the flowers. hey im scottish but not a witch. 😂 i just thought i would look this up as blue bells are so pretty. love grace xoxoxo

• Thanks grace111 - that's really interesting. I didn't know those things about bluebells. :-) xx

• My plan to have a Vegetarian day today has already back-fired, thanks to finding a special offer Roast Chicken in the supermarket when I went shopping... But I plan to have it with lots of tasty vegetables and I will certainly enjoy it for my evening meal tonight. My lunch is going to be the homemade vegetable soup with wholemeal bread and peanut butter. So that part of the plan stays the same.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. We have rain here today, so I am considering doing some 'Strength exercises' inside rather than braving the elements and walking/running in the rain. I know some people would go ahead and face the rain - but I don't feel like it today - and want to stay dry. :-)

• So, I've managed to choose a Vegetarian recipe to try later in the week and it's a Sweet potato & Chickpea Curry with Cashew Nuts recipe - I love the sound of that, so can't wait to try it out. Looks easy to prepare too, and I've put the recipe here:

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

You may also like...