Chicken Curry tonight :-)

Chicken Curry tonight :-)

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering what you've had for your evening meal - so if you care to share, I would love to hear - it's good to get ideas for meals.

My evening meal was a Chicken curry - including chicken, green and red pepper, spinach, mushrooms, white onions, and chopped leek, on a bed of brown basmati rice - it was very tasty.

Hope you're having a great weekend.

Zest :-)

Skip

Featured Content

Follow the community

Discuss all aspects of nutrition, from specific foods to recipes and more. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits.

Get Started

Featured by HealthUnlocked

30 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Looks really good! I'll try that after Passover is done in the next few days. Thanks for the idea.

• You are very welcome, Activity2004 - it's good to share meal ideas. I hope that your Passover is going well. :-)

• Looks good. Today I was lazy and went out to nandos around 2.30pm. So this evening having a salad sandwich and a couple of plums. I have got leg of lamb for Sunday dinner with runner beans peas and broad beans. Followed by a fruit salad.

Have a good Easter.

• Hi Caroline62,

Great to see you! Happy Easter!!! :-) Glad to hear you're having a relaxing weekend - I don't think that's lazy at all. :-) I hope you enjoy your evening meal, and that Leg of Lamb for Sunday dinner with the runner beans and broad beans - and the fruit salad after - that sounds fantastic! :-) I hope you enjoy it.

Zest :-) xx

• Looks delicious. I love curry.

I have also had a chicken meal out at a Mexican restaurant. It came with a good and colourful salad and only a small amount of guacamole and sour cream. So I've had enough food for today. Roast Lamb and vegetables for dinner tomorrow with my family.

Have a lovely Easter Sunday.

• Hi Roset16,

Great to see you! Yes, I love curry too - and I also love Mexican food - so I am jealous of your Chicken meal out at the Mexican restaurant - it sounds really good - great that you had a colourful salad alongside - eating a rainbow on your plate! Guacamole and sour cream is delicious too. Yum! :-)

I think there are a few people having Roast Lamb tomorrow - it sounds like a delicious family meal - and I hope you really enjoy it.

I am also out for a family meal tomorrow, but I have no idea what we'll be having, so it's going to be a surprise... :-)

Wishing you a lovely Easter Sunday, and enjoy the rest of your Saturday night! :-)

• That looks delicious! We're going to a family lunch buffet after church tomorrow, but I'm making a chicken tikka masala now, ready for supper tomorrow :)

• Hi Kate,

Thank you! :-) Great to see you, and your Chicken Tikka Masala sounds delicious - I hope you enjoy that for your supper tomorrow, and that you have fun at the Family Lunch Buffet tomorrow as well - enjoy your weekend.

Happy Easter!

• Mmm looks nice zest! I make all my curries from scratch. My fave is sweet potato and spinach. Well tonight I have only had a boiled egg salad with low fat salad cream and lots of grated carrot with all the usual. πŸ˜‹.saving myself for a healthy chicken toast tomorrow and a small amount of chocolate πŸ˜‰.. hope your having a good weekend. Mine is a quiet one watching finding dory on tv now then Britain's got talent he he 😁x

• Hi Millie,

Thanks very much! :-) Sweet potato and spinach Curry sounds lovely - and it's great that you enjoy making them from scratch. You can add in what you fancy that way. Your boiled egg salad sounds good too.

Hope you have a lovely Chicken Roast tomorrow (you do mean 'roast' rather than toast? - I can't be sure as toast sounds good too... lol and that chocolate - I will be having a small amount too - will savour it. :-)

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

• Hi zest, haha omg not toast lol .that has tickled me .yes it is a chicken roast πŸ˜‚.. I love cooking from scratch and yes you can add anything you like too . You savour that bit of chocolate as much as I will too .. thank you ! You too πŸ€—

• ha ha, that was funny - I assumed you meant 'roast'. :-)

• It sure was funny lol 😊.. blame my phone πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

• hey im keeping an eye on you with that chocolate. not that i can talk i ate a huge bag of sugary mint humbugs last night and i am paying for it today. xoxoxo

• Hey Grace lol , you know me well 😁.. Oh no ! Did you.. mind you i bet you enjoyed them xoxox

• That looks delicious @Zest! Tonight we are having a chicken and avocado salad with spicy sweet potato wedges (homemade oven baked), which I am really looking forward to (it's already 8.18 pm and we won't be eating till after nine because I am waiting for my daughter and I am feeling really hungry.....!). We would have had lamb tomorrow but have a friend joining us and she doesn't eat lamb (they look too cute, I gather) so we are having Coca-Cola braised ham Nigella-style instead. With potatoes dauphinoise (my indulgence for the day), red cabbage and green beans. Oh yes, and maple-mustard glazed carrots (another indulgence - but hey, it is Easter!).

Happy Easter everyone! 🐰🐐🐣

• Hi Dietbunny,

I love the sound of your meal tonight - it sounds really good! :-) I can imagine you're feeling hungry, as you're eating quite late - I hope your daughter will get back soon, so you can both enjoy your lovely meal. :-)

Lamb seems to be a popular choice for tomorrow - but I can see you're not having that afterall, as your friend doesn't want to eat lamb. So hope you enjoy the Ham instead - those potatoes sound like they'll be really tasty - and wishing you an excellent Easter meal. :-)

Happy Easter!

• yum yum that looks so good xoxox

• Thanks Grace, I hope you've enjoyed your meal tonight, and that the weekend is going well. :-)

I'm going to watch TV now, as my internet seems to be playing up a bit...!

• i only had rice crispies tonight as i stuffed my face with a large bag of mint humbugs last night. i woke up a nervous wreck and pain in my tummy. what are you watching on television. i love masterchef i'v got a few episodes recorded to watch. it makes me so hungry watching that. have a nice night Zest. love grace xoxoxo

• Hi Grace,

Sorry to hear you had pain in your tummy - hope you're feeling better today.

I watched "Doctor Who" last night, which I'd taped from earlier, and an episode of "Lucky Man" which I'd also taped. They were both really good.

Hope you enjoyed your "Masterchef" episodes and that it didn't make you feel 'too' hungry!

• Meal looks lovely. Happy Easter. I intend having turkey, mixed roast vegetables, roast potato and mashed potatoes tomorrow followed by trifle. Hope you enjoy Easter. I'm working tonight but will be off the remainder of the time.

• Hi lea57-49r

Thank you, and Happy Easter to you too. :-) Your meal sounds lovely - I really like Turkey - and glad to hear you're going to enjoy some time off after working last night.

Enjoy!

• Hi Zest that looks absolutely lovely :) I had a chicken roast today, was meant to have it tomorrow but am out for a lunch buffet tomorrow. The roast was absolutely lovely, can't remember the last time i had eaten one and then strawberry cheesecake for afters, which was a bit naughty but that was my Easter treat as i will not be eating any chocolate eggs, so i don't feel too guilty. Happy Easter Zest and to everyone on this forum :)

• Hi blackbeauty99,

Thank you. Great that you enjoyed your Chicken Roast, and I hope that the Lunch Buffet goes well today. Your strawberry cheesecake also sounds delicious. I also had a dessert - mine was a scoop of ice-cream with half a banana, some cream and flaked almonds, which I really enjoyed. :-)

Happy Easter!

Wishing you an excellent day today!

• looks lovely, i love curries of all type specially the thai green curry my wife makes.

today i made a sea food noodle soup for launch. part of the stock was a fresh sea bass and potato that has been mashed with butter and milk and is now in the fridge for the children fish cakes tonight.

why is it that talking about food makes me feel good. 😊

• Hi hectors,

Thank you, yes, I also love curries, and your wife's Thai Green Curry sounds really good! :-)

Wow, your Seafood Noodle Soup sounds delicious - and I hope your children enjoyed the fishcakes - really great idea.

I share your enthusiasm for talking about food - it definitely does make me feel good too. :-)

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

• thank you..and you too☺

• That looks really delicious Zest, the rice looks a bit pale. Curried lamb is one of our favourite meals. We get our curries specially formulated at Rafis Spices in Harrogate; they have as many as 23 different genuine Indian curries which can be mild, medium or hot according to your taste. One of our favourites is Rogan Gosch. We make the curry meal twenty-four hours before we are ready to eat it so as to give the spices time to work on the meat. Rafis spices are whole and it's not unusual to find a bit of bark or whole cardomom seeds in the curry. Tibbly

• Hi Tibbly,

Thank you. :-) Your spices sound great - I bet those curries taste really good!!! :-)

Hope you're enjoying having a good week.

You may also like...