Wishing everyone an enjoyable Easter Break

Wishing everyone an enjoyable Easter Break

Hi everyone,

If you're having an Easter break, then I'd like to wish you an enjoyable one, and whatever you're doing this weekend, I hope the sun shines and you enjoy whatever time you have to relax and unwind. I realise you might be working, in which case, I hope it goes ok as well. :-)

I had a tasty hot cross bun last week, and I'm looking forward to another one this weekend. I've asked friends and family not to buy me any chocolate Easter eggs though, as I don't want the temptation of extra chocolate around, and I am hoping to just have a tiny egg instead - just a taster. :-)

Feel free to use this post to talk to one another about how your weekend is going, if you want to. I'd love to hear from you, and if you want to pledge anything to ensure your weekend is healthier - then please do so as well.

I'm hoping to have some walks, be productive over the weekend with tasks I need to do in the house, and eat some healthy meals.

Enjoy your weekend!!!

Zest :-)

Skip

Featured Content

Get tips and advice on eating healthy

Develop healthier eating habits & get more active. Our community helps to keep you on track.

Get started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

21 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Hi Zest. Happy Easter to you. I am with you, no eggs, walking, jobs in the house and (hopefully healthy meals.

Mouse ๐Ÿญ

• Hi Mouse,

Great to see you! Here's to an excellent weekend. :-)

Happy Easter!

• that cup of tea and hot cross bun looks so enjoyable. i like your cup with the hearts on it, i love things with hearts on them as my bed has a big heart on the wooden head board, happy easter. love grace xoxoxo

• Hi Grace,

Thanks for your lovely reply and I really enjoyed the hot cross bun - it was yummy. :-)

Yes, I really like things with hearts on too. :-) Your heart on your wooden head board sounds lovely - and wishing you a very Happy Easter! :-)

Hope you have a really enjoyable weekend.

• Hi zest thank you for your lovely post, I hope you have a lovely sunny easter weekend full of good thing's and I hope everyone else's weekend is special too xx๐Ÿ˜Šrosie

• Hi Rosie,

Lovely to hear from you, and here's to a sunny Easter weekend for us all. :-)

Happy Easter, and hope you're enjoying your day so far.

• Hi Zest, happy Easter to you too.

I read your post just as I was writing my to do list for the next four days - four days off work - yippee! I slept for 12 hours last night as I was pretty tired from last week. Feel good now.

I have just signed up to My Fitness Pal to have a go at counting calories as the scales are yoyo-ing for me at the moment.

Looking forward to seeing family this weekend as well as being productive in the house and garden and doing a longer than usual run or long bike ride...haven't decided which yet, maybe both...

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Walnut Tree

• Hi WalnutTree,

Happy Easter! Great that you were writing your 'To Do' list for the next 4 days - and that you've got a good long break to enjoy! :-) Brilliant to hear you're feeling good now. :-)

Good luck with using My Fitness Pal - I used to use that and found it really good. I have a Fitbit now, so I've swapped over to that - and I'm also finding that to be good as well. :-)

Sounds like you've got a good mix of nice things planned, and I'd like to wish you a wonderful weekend.

• Hi Zest, wishing you a Happy Easter aswell :) I have asked people not to buy me chocolate eggs aswell, too much temptation otherwise and i have been stuck on the same weight for the last two weeks, so i am really hoping for a loss next week :) Have a lovely weekend :)

• Hi blackbeauty99,

Great to see you! Happy Easter!!! :-) Well done on letting people know your preferences for not having too many Easter temptations around - and good luck with your goal to have a loss next week.

Wishing you a lovely weekend too. :-)

• Hi zest ๐Ÿ˜Š.wishing you a lovely Easter weekend ๐ŸŒป. Not had any hot cross buns ; I have had some chocolate in the form of kalo gluten free Belgian chocolate covered thins at only 50 calories each .I did lose a pound this week ๐Ÿ˜. And I still remain the same weight so far. I have no choc Easter eggs apart from the ones I have bought my grandchildren. I will however indulge in a roast on Sunday but a healthy one. HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ. Enjoy best wishes linda xx

• Hi Millie09,

Happy Easter to you!!! :-) Congratulations on losing 1 pounds this week, that's really good! Sounds like you're having an enjoyable weekend so far, and glad you are going to indulge in a healthy Sunday roast - I hope you thoroughly enjoy it, and that the sun shines all weekend. :-)

• Thank you zest ๐Ÿ˜‰ .you too ! ๐Ÿค—... Linda

• i bought those from the supermarket the chocolate is lovely but i had pains in my stomach all night long. as im not supposed to eat chocolate, sometimes i get away with it but those rice biscuits are addicitve even if they cause pain. good news that you'v lost a pound millie its better that putting on a pound, have a lovely easter millie.xoxoxo

• Hi Grace! yes tell me about them being addictive; I love all the rice cakes especially the organic ones . Aww thats bad you can't eat so much chocolate ๐Ÿ˜.. then again at least it helps with the diet ๐Ÿ˜‰. I totally agree; even just for a bit of pain now and then it's totally worth it..thank you Grace; it wasn't much weight loss but as long as I eat healthy with the odd treat I'm ok .. have a lovely Easter too Grace xoxox

• Thank you for your kind thoughts which I reciprocate. Your hot cross bun made my mouth water, I shall have to find an easy recipe to make a few. We have roast lamb on the menu for tomorrow with lots of fresh vegetables. Best wishes to everyone on this site. Tibbly.

• Hi Tibbly,

Thank you very much, and I hope you're enjoying the Easter weekend so far. :-) I got my hot cross bun from the local baker, and it was really good! :-) I hope you find an easy recipe so you can make some, and maybe share it with us? It would be great to see a recipe for homemade hot cross buns. Yum! :-)

Your roast lamb with all those lovely veggies sounds great. Enjoy!

• Hi Zest I wish to report that I missed checking in on the monthly weigh in for walkers. Can I have a link from them next time in May do you think as I would not want to miss again. Have had some home hiccups of late.

• Hi feelgood41,

Really sorry I didn't reply to you till now - I tried to do a reply a couple of times, but my internet has been playing up, so I lost the replies.

Anyway, better late than never, and just wanted to check if you're talking about the 'Tortoise & Hare Club' or the 'Maintainer's Club' - when you mention the 'monthly weigh in for walkers' - I will be hosting the 'Tortoise & Hare Club' on the NHS weight loss forum on 21st May, so I'd be happy to remind you of that nearer the time - but remember that that Club is updated weekly, and RobLandsdown91 has already posted the thread yesterday, so you can pop in and join in this weekend if you feel up to it.

Sorry to hear you've had some hiccups of late, and hope you are enjoying the weekend.

Take care,

• It was the Maintainers Zest

• Ah, ok, well I'll try to give you a reminder when it's next posted feelgood41 - it would be great for you to join us for the next one. :-)

You may also like...