It's the weekend! - Starting the day with a Healthy Breakfast :-)

It's the weekend! - Starting the day with a Healthy Breakfast :-)

Hi everyone,

I am happy it's the weekend, and just sharing a photo of my breakfast, which is some Porridge (30g) with milk (150ml), and a host of extras: some mixed seeds (chia, pumpkin and sunflower seeds); nuts (4 almonds, 2 brazil nuts and 2 walnuts), and some fresh fruit (kiwi fruit, half a peach, 2 strawberries and a few blueberries) and then a sprinkling of ground cinammon on top.

Delicious, filling and nutritious, and approx 500 calories.

How do you start your day? If you want to share your breakfasts, I would love to hear about them, as it can really help to share ideas.

I'm hoping to go for a long walk later this morning, and the sun is shining, so that's a great start to the day.

Wishing you a great weekend, whatever you're doing.

Zest :-)

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Get tips and advice on eating healthy

Develop healthier eating habits & get more active. Our community helps to keep you on track.

Get started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

26 Replies

oldestnewest
  • looks good, I settled for fat free yogurt and cherries this morning

• Looks good.i had 2 round week is and some frozen mixed fruit. Skimmed milk. Now on my way to Windsor for the day. Got fish and veg all prepared for tonight it will take 20 minutes to cook. Will have lunch out.

• I ment round weetabix

• Hi Caroline,

Thanks! Glad you clarified that you meant Round Wheetabix, as I was wondering what you meant. :-) I didn't realise the shape of the Wheetabix could be round these days.

You sound well prepared with your evening meal - and I hope you enjoy your lunch and day out in Windsor, sounds really lovely.

• I got the weetabix from Sainsbury's, it's their own

• Why skimmed milk? It's had all of the vitamins, A, E, D & K removed. Stop drinking that stuff as you are depriving yourself. Tibbly

• I cannot drink any other milk because of the fat content I have had a lot of my intestines removed and am not able to absorb the fat so if I have any fats I am on the toilet and very ill. So I think before telling someone what to do is find out all the facts. I am sorry if I sound rude but that is the way it is sometimes.

• I have and had no desire to offend anyone without knowing of their disposition, in which case I apologise. The fact remains that the statement I made about milk would apply to anyone reading these posts and one I stand by.

In principle we would all be a lot better if we were to eat just simple basic food as near as it comes out of the ground or off the trees and bushes.

We were fortunate in being introduced to the work of Surgeon Captain T.L. Cleave FRCP way back in 1981 and will be for ever grateful. It is worth reading about him.

Best wishes, Tibbly

• I agree with you it is just sometimes we have to change something's for our health or disabilities you did not offend me I was making a point. I will try and read the book.

• Hi prawncess,

Your breakfast sounds lovely - hope you have a really good day.

• Hi zest that looks so healthy and delicious 😊x rosie

• Hi Rosie,

Thank you! I hope you're having a lovely day so far - and that the sun is hopefully shining where you are.

• Hi zest the sun is shining and I'm having a good day, I hope you're having a nice weekend and don't have a heavy work schedule next week 😊rosie x

• Thanks Rosie, wishing you a great week ahead. :-) xxx

• Now home after day in Windsor. Went to the pub for lunch ended up having fish no chips had salad instead and mushy peas. So the fish I intended having this evening will be kept for tomorrow. Will just have a small snack this evening. Now I am resting and watching tennis. A good ending to a good day. Hope you all had a good day and ate welll.

• Hi Caroline,

Really glad to hear you enjoyed your day out in Windsor. Your lunch sounds great. :-) Enjoy your small snack, and you can savour that lovely fish tomorrow. :-) Enjoy the tennis!

I've had a good day too - I had smoked haddock on wholemeal toast for lunch with a poached egg, and then this evening I've had a Turkey and bean and vegetable casserole with a small portion of wholemeal pasta, and it was tasty! :-) I also enjoyed a walk this morning, and the sun was shining. Got lots of house cleaning to do tomorrow, so will have a busy morning.

Remember to put the clock's forward tonight! I keep having to remind myself about that... lol

• Oh yes thank you thought about it this morning then for got..glad you had a good walk. In the sun it was warm . I will be lazy tomorrow may go for walk after a sunday dinner. Then tennis again in the evening. As I am now retired monday morning I will clean up after weekend. Before hospital in the afternoon I am doing a course on coping with long term pain.

• Hi Caroline,

I hope that your course has gone well - and that the start to your week is a good one. I am amazed by this lovely sunny weather, it is really great. I hope it lasts. :-) I also like the fact the clock's have changed so we get lighter evenings. Really good! :-)

• I am a toast and marmalade person. Can't start the day without it. Plus freshly filtered black coffee. After a day of gardening in the sunshine it was a chicken curry with plenty of Onion, tomatoes and peppers, garlic and ginger plus curry powder. Chicken -of course!!!

• Hi Roset16,

Sounds like you're having a good weekend, and some delicious food - I love the sound of your Chicken Curry - yum! Great that you enjoyed a day of gardening in the sunshine - great exercise.

I've been cleaning this morning, and my Fitbit thought I was doing an Aerobic exercise!!! lol So I must have been working out quite hard during that. :-)

Enjoying a more relaxing afternoon. :-)

Wishing you a great week.

• I used to eat Weetabix for breakfast for many decades - but recently I have realised that I am eating probably too much wheat elsewhere and at different times of the day, so now eat mostly oats at breakfast . I add finely cut up fruit to go with the oats to add a bit of "sweetness". I made some oat porridge the other day with some banana and cinnamon cut up into it as it cooked and it was very nice. Mostly I eat the rolled oats uncooked but soaked overnight in milk/water mix

• Hi Bazza1234,

Thanks for sharing your breakfast ideas - I have tried having oats soaked overnight a couple of times, and that was really good as well. :-) The addition of banana and cinnamon sounds particularly delicious.

I hope you've had an enjoyable weekend, and wishing you a great week ahead.

• Hello Zest, for us breakfast is an important meal. I start either with a five cereal muesli, that's oats, rice, wheat, barley and rye flakes with a few raisins on to which I have grapefruit juice (I just like the taste) or porridge made from whole oats milled to make oatmeal porridge made with water then whole, raw milk at the table. That is followed with an egg of some kind, boiled, poached or scrambled with 100% whlemeal toast, and lastly wholemeal toast and marmalade. I have café au lait made with whole raw milk and coffee from an expresso machine. That gives my "boiler" a good start for the day so I only need a light salad lunch.

Yum! Tibbly

• Hi Tibbly,

Yes, you certainly have a good tuck-in for your breakfast - and your breakfast sounds really tasty! :-)

I hope you're enjoying your week so far. I have really enjoyed seeing so much lovely sunshine today. Lots of Spring flowers around too. Lovely! :-)

• Normal way hotdogs sunny side up egg and a cup of coffee.

• Hi Jed2,

Thanks for sharing what you have for breakfast - I really love eggs, and describing yours as 'sunny side up' sounds great! :-)

Hope you're having a great week.

You may also like...