Updates - Healthy Eating Resources

Hi everyone,

There has been recent updates from the UK Government regarding the 'Eatwell Guide' - so I am just posting a link if you would like to have a look at those updates:

gov.uk/government/publicati...

Specifically, a summary of the details of the changes can be seen at the bottom of that E-mail, and reads as follows:

"The UK’s national food guide has been updated in light of recent recommendations made by the Scientific Advisory Committee on Nutrition (SACN) in their report on Carbohydrates and Health published in July 2015.

The Eatwell Guide has replaced the eatwell plate and continues to define the government’s advice on a healthy balanced diet. The Eatwell Guide is a visual representation of how different foods and drinks can contribute towards a healthy balanced diet.

The Eatwell Guide is based on the 5 food groups and shows how much of what you eat should come from each food group.

Public Health England encourages organisations and individuals to use the Eatwell Guide to make sure everyone receives consistent messages about the balance of foods in a healthy diet. This publication provides guidance on using the Eatwell Guide in promotional materials.

The Carbon Trust sustainability assessment indicated that the Eatwell Guide shows an appreciably lower environmental impact than the current UK diet."

Zest :-)

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Get tips and advice on eating healthy

Develop healthier eating habits & get more active. Our community helps to keep you on track.

Get started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Thanks for that Zest :) It's always good to keep up with the latest recommendations. At the moment I'm probably not eating enough carbs, due to dieting. Once I reach my goal weight (which is only 3 1/2 pounds away), I'll gradually up the levels a bit, and see how that goes :)

• You're close to your goal weight now, Timsmum - you're doing brilliantly! :-)

• Thanks :) I couldn't have done it without your, and others, support on the NHS forums! How are you getting on? I believe you aren't counting calories anymore, and wondered if you are managing that OK. I'm hoping that when I get to that stage I don't start putting on weight again.

• The support of the forums are great, aren't they. I am thankful to have found these forums too - and the support of everyone keeps me going. So thank you, and regarding my weight - I'm still managing to maintain a healthy BMI, but I am aware that my weight has crept up by a few pounds - so I am being mindful of that, and trying to ensure I don't let things get out of hand. :-)

• Yes Zest, thanks.

• You are welcome, kinbo :-)

• Zest am really enjoying this information that you give and i like NHS choices it really good for getting more information about health. Thanks once again.

• I am glad it is helpful - there is a host of information in NHS choices. :-)

• thanks Zest, having a look

• Great prawncess - I've just amended my post to include the details of the changes, as stated at the bottom of that communication.

Hope you're having a good week.

Zest :-)

You may also like...