Healthy Eating
28,783 members3,692 posts

TV Programme "The Secrets of Your Food"

Hi everyone

Tonight (Friday 24th February 2017) at UK time 9pm to 10pm on BBC 2, there is a TV programme called:

"The Secrets of Your Food: We Are What We Eat".

The information about this programme says: "Michael Mosley and James Wong reveal the delicious science hidden inside our food. Michael begins by trying the first meal most of us enjoyed - human breast milk."

Zest :-)

13 Replies
oldestnewest

Sounds very interesting Zest i will have to watch this :)

1 like

I shall be watching tonight. Thanks for telling me.

1 like

Thanks for the heads up, Zest, I shall record this to watch at a later date :)

Edit: I've just realised that it's not on in Scotland! :(

2 likes

It might be at a later date, moreless - sometimes the have funny schedules :D

2 likes

Sorry to hear it's not on in Scotland, moreless - hope they will schedule it for you sometime soon! :-)

1 like

i-Player?

2 likes

Yes! It is being shown on i-player - moreless and others can hopefully catch it there. :-)

1 like

Thank you for your suggestions, RobLandsdown91, Concerned and Zest, fortunately the programme was scheduled for a later time and I've recorded it to watch at a later date :)

2 likes

That's great. It was a good programme - really interesting. Hope you enjoy it too. :-)

1 like

I'm looking forward to watching it :)

2 likes

Did you see the Food: Truth or Scare episode about fad diets too ? bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b... Includes Trudi Deakin, looking extremely lean, advocate of a diet higher in natural fat.

The orthodox dietician's view is that the weight of evidence doesn't support this style of eating because it raises cholesterol.

How much evidence do you need that a high-carbohydrate diet raises visceral fat levels? Think foie gras.

3 likes

Hi Concerned,

I don't know whether I've seen this one before or not - I'll hope to have a look over the weekend, and thanks for the link to the i-player - that's really helpful.

Zest :-)

I love Michael Mosley, I watch all of his shows. He is a genius when it comes to body science.

2 likes

You may also like...