Complex Post Traumatic Stress

Hi i have just started therapy with an excellent therapis after only two sessions (im 41) felt like a little of life was breathed back into me and its the first time anyone has ever sat down and actually listened with their heart and full attention that alone is such a rare and precious gift. I had tried everything for the treatment of PTSD up until now i told my therapist that i did everything you can think of to try and get out of the ark prison cell i fell into when i was 23 if im really honest my life before then wasnt a good start like so many other people i was brought up with grandparents who both died in my early teens. Life has a way of catching up to you sometimes it catches up a lot sooner than you think. My Mother has been missing for quite a number of years and my Dad doesnt want to know me. I have really good support now that is really important as i go through the healing process, i thought i would never get out ever, that i would die with a life that was largely unlived. Living with the numbness has been like trying to live in a freezer or something its been cold and empty and quite lonely at times but it IS POSSIBLE i always wanted to believe there was a way out if there was a way in and its TRUE so if you are struggling with that remember it can happen..!

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • As a fellow recently diagnosed PTSD suffer, know were you are coming from, there is life, the tick is allowing yourself to open and trust your therapist. So good that you are now enjoying life, do learn to allow yourself to love and care for yourself.

• hey, i totally get you. i have c-ptsd too. it takes a while to turn this around but it happens and it's worth doing.

• That is awesome. I have yet to make an appointment. My brain seems scrambled when it comes to making that first step. I love the analogy of the freezer. That is so very accurate. Your post inspired me to respond for the first time ever. Otherwise I guess I'd just still be staring at the vacuum cleaner wondering when it was going to get used. Lol. So thank you for the inspiration. Keep up the good work. It sounds like you're on to something.

• That is awesome. I have yet to make an appointment. My brain seems scrambled when it comes to making that first step. I love the analogy of the freezer. That is so very accurate. Your post inspired me to respond for the first time ever. Otherwise I guess I'd just still be staring at the vacuum cleaner wondering when it was going to get used. Lol. So thank you for the inspiration. Keep up the good work. It sounds like you're on to something.

• I sure am hoping that, I am getting a therapist I am already on Meds. I can relate completely with you, I feel stuck, frozen and afraid to move. I want a change so I will have to try and work at one. This is a hard way to live the rest of your life. I don't understand how this happened to me, I feel paralyzed and helpless. Not only that but I don't want this to get worse.

• I too relate to your experience. Especially the numbness, I wish there was a pill for that.

• A superb message ....you should be PROUD of yourself ,....others will be lifted by your message as am I......

You may also like...