In order to make our HealthUnlocked community an inclusive, welcoming and friendly place for all our users, we've drafted a few guidelines that we ask our members to consider.
Content on the Headway HealthUnlocked community does not replace the relationship between you and your doctors or other healthcare professionals, or the advice you receive from them. It also does not replace Headway's free helpline service, which offers an opportunity to discuss your concerns in confidence with our trained staff.
The comments and information placed in this community are purely the views of the members and are not those of Headway – the brain injury association.
The mention in the community of any products, alternative/complimentary therapies or treatments does not constitute a professional recommendations from Headway – the brain injury association.
- Join in! To help keep the community active, we encourage users to post blogs and questions, and comment on other peoples’ posts. However, it’s also fine if you’d rather just read other posts on the site.
- Respect other community members. In other words, be nice! It’s OK to have a debate and share opinions on our community, but make sure you’re always polite and don’t insult, intimidate or harass people.
- Be aware – Headway’s community is a public forum! You are responsible for what you post on our site. You must not post anything illegal or offensive.
- Stay safe. We want you to feel safe when talking about your experiences of brain injury on our community. To ensure this, please don’t give out your personal details such as address and phone number. Don’t talk about your daily movements, such as where you’ll be at a specific time and date. Be careful when discussing details of family and friends – they may not want their personal stories online. Immediately report and do not respond to any posts or private messages that ask for personal details or money.
- Don’t name and shame. While it’s OK to talk about experiences you’ve had, be they good or bad, we ask that members don’t dedicate posts to naming and shaming services or individuals.
- Don’t advertise products and services. It’s fine to discuss your experiences of particular products and services, but the Headway community is for personal use and must not be used for commercial purposes to advertise products and services.
- Don't post links to research studies/surveys. Headway receives a high volume of requests to post details of brain injury research. Please contact us first to discuss how we can help.
- Report abuse. Use the Report link next to any posts you think are inappropriate and one of the moderators from HealthUnlocked or Headway will review it and, if necessary, remove it.
- Respect copyright. You are welcome to upload images to our blogs, but make sure you have the permission of the original creator and/or the people who appear in the image before doing so. If you copy text from another source, make sure you say where you got it from.
For more information on staying safe online go to: getsafeonline.org