Headway

8 months post tbi

Hi i am 8 mnths post tbi and i could say i feel great, i havnt had any siezures even as im not taking my anti siezure meds and also back at work and dont feel any effects of tbi, ive goten one suedo siezure of strees /panic attack but that was early days and and low blood surgar attack wich felt like siezure but sure it wasnt, im sure one is bound to get siezures easy on the very early days so im guessing thats whats cuased it and would 8 months post tbi with no incidents be concidered ok free from siezures? I feel normal thank god. Can one really be so well as me post tbi, i know im not the only one i feel like i had it too easy compare to others.

15 Replies
oldestnewest

Yes, one can be so well. This is called a miracle. Please enjoy.

3 likes

You're obviously one of the lucky ones Ish. Don't bother looking for explanations........................just accept your good fortune & run with it ! 🏃😄 x

3 likes

Yes ive started to realise how lucky and blessed i am and thats whats bringing me peace thx you for all your help on here you always have awesome things to say that make sense thx you ☺

2 likes

I'm happy for you Ish, truly. I hope you'll find more peace and gain more confidence with the passage of time.

Please tell us how you're getting on from time to time ; I for one would love to hear from you.

All best wishes, Cat xx

2 likes

Ish, you might be lucky, and I really hope you are. You also might just be unaware of your deficits. That is quite common at only a year post TBI. Have you been officially tested. If they don't find anything wrong during testing, then your recovery truly is a miracle. Before that, you have no way of knowing.

1 like

Wow! Good to see such a positive post from you, Ish. Yes you are lucky - but why not?! Really hope that life continues in this vein for you and that you continue to be happy and healthy.

God bless

1 like

ish702 how do feel when you wake up in the mornings?

Good like i rested well ,energy ready for work

ish702 just wondered, because i went through a stage where i was waking up feeling tired, turned out i was having little seizures during the night.

It's good to know your seizures have diminished, I'm well controlled by medication but I have a narrow window in which I have to take my tablets.

Also good to know your back to "normal", it's pot luck where an injury occurs and some may have no symptoms at all.

Certainly don't feel any guilt about having it easy, a TBI is also a traumatic psychological event, so I'm sure you haven't had a great time.

It's good news that you're back at work and still no symptoms, as when you're back in a situation where you have to perform to an expected level symptoms can become apparent for the first time.

On my check up with my nuero surgeon he had told me it was classified mild and symptoms are usually at there worst early days weeks post accident and symthoms dont appear delayed.

ish nearly 2years after my abi before i was diagnosed with epilepsy, just came out of the blue.

I felt I had it really easy as well because I was back at work 3 months post injury and didn’t suffer any awful symptoms, just the odd dizziness/headaches/tiredness. But as people have said we are very lucky! Hope this luck continues for you :)

1 like

ish702, it's true symptoms are there from the start and improvements in your ability hopefully occur over time.

However some symptoms only become apparent over time, returning to work is often first time someone becomes aware of a symptom they've had for a long time.

So it's looking good for you.

Hey. My seizures post meningitis were 3-4 months after the 3 months in hospital. I was still seizing in September/October of last year. You may feel fine one day but I’ve noticed all it takes it a little bit of sleep deprivation and the whole ball game changes

1 like

You may also like...