Complan Ingredients - Are they GF?

I have to have a medical test next week where I am starved and then given Complan before being given a test. I have looked up the ingredients of Complan which they say are GF but Im not so sure....can anyone help me out with this please and advise?

Skimmed Milk, Lactose, Vegetable Oil, Maltodextrin, Sugar, Glucose Syrup, Fat Reduced Cocoa Powder, Dextrose, Flavourings, Magnesium Sulphate, Thickener (Xanthan Gum), Vitamin C, Iron Fumarate, Niacin, Zinc Sulphate, Vitamin E, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B6, Manganese Sulphate, Copper Sulphate, Riboflavin, Thiamin, Vitamin A, Folic Acid, Vitamin K, Potassium Iodate, Chromium Chloride, Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Sodium Molybdate, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12.

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Technically yes but the maltodextrin may not be.

• Good luck with the test. Xanthan gum is gf but gives me diarrhoea, hope it will not affect you.

• Maltodextrin and glucose syrup also dextrose can have a wheat base.....all depends on what country the product is from.....

Janie

• Those were the very ones I was suspicious of and for those very reasons. I suppose I could call Complan and ask them if they have a wheat base but I tend to try and avoid those ingredients.

Thanks for all the replies :-D

• Curious APsnotFab - what test are you having?

• Liquid Food Challenge test as part of a three day full list of Autonomic Function tests - looking forward to that - NOT!!

• mayoclinic.org/medicalprofs...

Is this what your having done?

• Pretty much.

• Wow I'm lucky to get a repeat script of my doctor........never mind anything like that.....

Janie

• If it was up to my GP then I would not have been referred either, I was referred by another Consultant.

• Good luck with the test and yes the ingredients can be classed as GF however the maltodextrin,Glucose syrup and dextrose are in the exempted ingredient list but maybe derived from wheat and the gluten level may exceed 20ppm. The Zanthan gum is a bacteria that can be grown on wheat. A lot will depend on your level of ensitivity

• I do not know which one you are drinking but I know some flavours DEFINATELY HAVE gluten in as it says so on the label!

• Ah thats interesting....I googled and it was the chocolate one that came up, I never bothered to check the other flavours. Thanks for letting me know.

You may also like...