Gluten and stomach tightness - Gluten Free Guerr...

Gluten Free Guerrillas
9,589 members3,900 posts

Gluten and stomach tightness

Warfare
Warfare

I have a tight feeling below right rib cage in stomach dosnt hurt just more annoying when sitting Anyone had this with gluten

11 Replies
oldestnewest

I have the same, but I am putting mine down to my gall stone problem rather than the coeliac. I am having my gall bladder out tomorrow if they don't cancel it. I hope you feel a little more comfortable soon, take care

Mine seemed to of calmed down untill i accidentally eat some with wheat in it and second time this has happend must be wheat intolerance

All the best and fingers crossed op goes ahead

Yes. I was diagnosed with Celiacs in 2016, but leading up to the diagnosis I experienced that discomfort you describe for many, many years. I would get ultrasounds, and various other tests for everything BUT celiacs. Since I went gluten free after my diagnosis I have never had that discomfort/ weird sensation again.

Warfare
Warfare
in reply to rozee1972

Thanks how long did symptoms take to disappear after you stopped gluten

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to Warfare

yes and the pain spread horizontally across about 1 inch above the navel. It happened very intermittently but increased in frequency from the age of 22 to 45. In the interim I had appendix and gall bladder removed. but still got doubled up with pain for a whole day at a time. When I stopped eating wheat the effect was dramatic until tried some after 6 months - never again. An endlessly grinding sensation continued just enough to be aware of it all the time and that stopped when I realised aged 60 I needed to cut out all gluten. I have some suspicions about corn. Jo

rozee1972
rozee1972
in reply to Warfare

I don’t know exactly, but I do know that it was not an issue after approximately 6 months after going gluten free. Hang in there.

I had like a stitch on my RHS, had urine test and ultrasound which all came back OK. I had this with loads of other symptoms like dry sinuses and itching, pretty sure it's a histamine/mast cell problem with having a stitch being listed as a symptom of histamine intolerance.

Oh my word. I’ve had that exact thing for about 6 weeks now! I never for a moment thought it was connected to gluten. Not a pain. More a feeling like there’s something just below the rib cage that’s in the way. I’ll admit to sneaking some Irish soda bread about then and thought I’d gotten away lightly. Apparently not. I hope for both our sakes the feeling passes soon. All the best 🙂

Mine took 3 months to sort out as unfortunately mine is anything with wheat in and dairy I’ve been of both for couple of weeks now and feeling so much better

Hello, I have what feels like something inflated or swollen under my lowest rib on my left hand side, tracked it down to oats, shame as love oats. Usually happens within 24 hours after having them. Seems to be same with gluten free oats. Bread really affects me but not with such a swelling sensation. I havent tried seeing an antagonistic effect of bread (or dairy for that matter) with oats. its like experimenting on yourself and not in a good way. oh and Maltodextrin its like super concentrated bread for me. if i have that then it usually ends up with uncomfortable side, blinding headache above the left eye, vomiting and then all is fine. I tracked maltodextrin by looking at the ingredients lists of what I had eaten the day before. the last 6 times it happened I had unknowlingly and inadvertently eaten something with maltodextrin. like the buildting of storm, thrashing of lightning and the sun emerges! again pain in the side but not the same as the one oats cause. Anyway may give you something more to look at /investigate as to your cause?

Good reply from Bluetune and my symptoms the same before going Gluten Free

You may also like...