Itchy anus 5 years: As the title says... - Fungal Infection ...

Fungal Infection Trust
2,629 members573 posts

Itchy anus 5 years

anetap4545
anetap4545

As the title says. I've come here as drs now have run out of ideas. The itching is internal anus & around. Scratching is relief. I dont know what else to do. Over the last 5 years i feel like I've tried it all even lasr year had a colonoscopy. The itch is driving me mad and nothing helps. Any help . I've tried everything except anti fungal route pls help anyone. Itching is mostly are night

20 Replies
oldestnewest

I think you have anal jock itch from all the yeast in the colon. Lotrimin antifungal spray should kill it within 1-2 weeks. It cured my issues Fast and within only two cans supply.

I'm in Australia u dint have that brand. Unsure of what an alternative would be. Jock itch cam be internal anus too??

jox1
jox1
in reply to anetap4545

if topical antifungal no good you need oral antifungal e.g. fluconazole - see your doctor again

anetap4545
anetap4545
in reply to jox1

What's a good topical one ive read alot you can't put on your anus

jox1
jox1
in reply to anetap4545

Try clotrimazole 1% cream. You may also longer term consider an emollient gel such as doublebase for washing generally down there as soap is very astringent....

anetap4545
anetap4545
in reply to jox1
jox1
jox1
in reply to anetap4545

yes it's fine - it's just clotrimazole but a branded version - for which you pay more....

anetap4545
anetap4545
in reply to jox1

All new to me ass alot say you can't use it in or on anus

jox1
jox1
in reply to anetap4545

clotrim should be fine applied topically ie around anus - but if you think the itching is internal as well then you really should be back to doc for advice. Clotrim is safe - they also do vag pessaries using the same drug....

anetap4545
anetap4545
in reply to jox1

The itching is infernal. But had a colonoscopy and drs are cluless

jox1
jox1
in reply to anetap4545

If its internal then you need oral antifungal as well - may be available over the counter for 1-3 capsules where you are - otherwise you have to see general doctor to prescribe. If this doesn't make any difference then its not a fungal problem and you will need to go back to doc anyway....

Try using fourderm.. I have used it and it helps..!! Clean the surface with warm water.. Then completely dry it and then use it.. Use it twice ot thrice daily..

Have you ruled out threadworm?

GAtherton
GAthertonAdministrator

The type of itching you describe can be casued by several things so it is always best to see your GP, especially when prescription remedies fail to work. Some of the suggestions above relate to a yeast infection rather than a Ringworm infection, which is the most likely fungal cause of this itching - see nhs.uk/conditions/itchy-anus/

If you want to explore treating this as a fungal infection the best way to get effective medication is in discussion with your GP.

I can help. Had the same. Now gone. bloodmusicuk@gmail.com

Will you post here

You may also like...