Terminal cancer patients in complete remission after one gene therapy treatment

Terminal cancer patients in complete remission after one gene therapy treatment

A groundbreaking gene therapy treatment which boosts a patient's own immune cells has been shown to clear disease from one third of terminal patients.

Read more

telegraph.co.uk/science/201...

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Thanks Jeff! These are the types of things we should all be educated about. Informed, engaged patients tend to survive longer. I was glad, too, to read that it is having better success than previously discussed in solid tumors.

• Hi cheers I was talking to my lung doctor and we both agreed with DNA & IMMUNTY reseach advances we are living in exciting time's.

We just need to remmber to ask about such things.

Here is interesting read rtmagazine.com/2015/06/bron...

• Great read! Wish we could fast forward to see all outcomes.

• This advances being made every morning WE wake and given forums like these am sure we are all contrabuting in one form or other.

• Thanks for sharing this article with us, Jeff. Adding this to my file of new and interesting treatment options.

• The most beautiful people I know. Are those who have known defeat.Known suffering. Known struggle. Known loss and found there way.

• CAR-T is fascinating stuff. The JUNO trials were a bit of a shocker, though - these treatments are tapping into some very powerful immunological systems. Here's hoping they make good progress toward finding the Baby Bear way - not too strong, not too weak, but just right.

Anita

You may also like...