Recurrence of lung cancer

I was diagnosed with stage 2B Adinocarcinoma had a open lobe removed in 2014 did 4 rounds of Altman/cisplatin and scans were ok till Sept 2026 now have a recurrence in the lymph nodes had a byopsy of the mediastinum and supaclavical one was begine the mediastinum the clavical had cells they are testing for the genes now Dr gave me 4 options Low dose chemo and raidition, 6 rounds of aggressive chemo, targeted therapy or immunotherapy what do u think is my best shot here I was really surprised it came back

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Kookieanne, you will know better what to choose after the genetic test results come back. Until then, I would read up on the alternatives so that I felt more equipped to make a decision when the time comes. If you are eligible for targeted therapy, that will probably be the best choice with the greatest chance of effectiveness and fewest side effects.

Anita

• Echoing everything Anita said. Do you know what they were testing for in addition to EGFR, ALK and ROS1 mutations and PD-L1 expression?

You may also like...