Ugh, went for the biopsy results, my lung Dr. was not in so I saw the nurse practitioner. She said that the tissue biopsy came back negative but the scraping did not, it showed cancer cells. The area is about the size of a dime and is in the exact same spot as the original cancer (upper left lobe). I really do not think she read my report or chart before she came in because she did not know I had lung cancer before. I asked her if she thought it was operational and she said she would confer with a Dr. and come right back. She then came back and told me it was inoperable because of the location. I see my chemo Dr on Monday so I should have a better answer regarding treatment. I am in shock I was really hoping for some other reason I would glow!

Two years ago I was diagnosed with stage 2 non small cell cancer. Radiation & chemo, was NED until now!

15 Replies

  • I hope you get better news from your chemo doctor!

  • Hi Katie, So sorry to hear of your diagnosis. Hope Monday goes well for you.😊 please let us know. Fingers crossed for you. Rubyxx 😊

  • So sorry for your result.I hope that they will be able to do something about it.I my self am waiting for results for a nodule 6 cm(2 inches) in size on upper left lobe.Waiting is very hard.

  • I am so sorry that you received such horrible news. Hopefully your oncologist has better news for you. I would try to talk to your original Doctor since it does not appear the nurse practitioner had all the necessary info. Sending you positive thoughts.

  • God will be with you though all of this in August 15 -15 I was told I had sage 3a lung small cell carcinoma I am in remission now praises God I know God going to heal me just keep your faith I will be praying for everyone

  • We'll be thinking of you, please let us know how Monday goes! Hopefully, good news awaits.

  • Sorry to hear that I hope every thing goes alright. I'll be thinking of you and hoping.

  • So sorry to learn of your set-back. If your meeting with your oncologist goes less well than hoped for, remember that a second opinion may be in order. My first oncologist did not feel my tumor was operable, but my second oncologist was a little more willing to think outside the box. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

  • Was it operable?

  • He was able to do the surgery after 3 rounds of chemo to shrink the tumor enough to get clean margins. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

  • I wonder why they did not do this for me....

  • I don't know. My cancer seemed to be fairly slow growing and had not metastasized further than the 1 lymph node- due to a major series of glitches in communication I had a CAT scan that showed the lymph node tumor in 2008 but was not informed- it was "rediscovered" 4 years later in 2012 which is when I began treatment.

  • I will keep you in my thoughts. Sorry you received this news and seems like not in the nicest way. I hope you have a good meeting with your chemo doc. Second opinions are very often a very good thing. Be well and take care.

  • Hi, my name is Toni. Ask your oncologist - chemo Doctor - if you are eligible for immunotherapy.

  • Went to see the surgeon, it did not go to well. He said that he wanted me to go to the Moffitt Cancer center in Tampa because they would have more experience in my case. Something about it being close to my airways and with all the scar tissue he was unsure that surgery could be done.

You may also like...