IB to ESA: Hi everyone, This is my... - Fibromyalgia Acti...

Fibromyalgia Action UK
44,340 members56,117 posts


Hi everyone,

This is my first post as have just opened the brown envelope from DWP. I sent off the ESA50 form end of December 2012 and was then asked to go for a medical 1st March 2012. I then had another letter saying further info had been received and I no longer needed to attend the medical. I'm guessing this was to do with the letter I sent from my consultant. I then rang DWP to ask what was happening and was told my case was waiting to be looked at by a DECISION MAKER. So this person has decided to put me in the WRAG. Mind you I had to read the letter numerious times to figure this out , so confusing.

I last worked in 2006 having been digonised with , Primary Sjogren's and Fibromyalgia and my consultant supports me fully in that i'm unable to work. As my medical was cancelled I thought that i'd scored enough points to be put in support group. I've not got a copy of my ESA50 as person, who was part of a charity, who helped me fill it in wanted to keep it and do a report to send off with it. I did ask for a copy but was told didn't give any. At the time was in such a state didn't query this. I've since spoken to CAB who were very surprised when told them of this. Wish now i'd gone to CAB for help with that form. So I will now start my appeal. Question can I get copy of my ESA50 ,and report this person did on me, from DWP as don't know what she put. She did say put down what I told her but can't remember what was said.

Thanks all for listening

gentle hugs


10 Replies

Gosh, I can't believe that they wouldn't give you a copy of the form, surely they should understand that you would actually NEED one, not just want one. I am sure there must be some way of you being able to get hold of it, I hope someone with more knowledge here will come up with something. I think the charity who "helped" you did you a great injustice by not agreeing to your request.

Gentle hugs Foxie, I do hope you can sort this out, sending positive thought your way,

Foggy x


Thanks for your positive thoughts. Just got back from CAB and appointment made to help with my appeal.


Welcome Foxie,

I would like to provide you with this link from the FibroAction website that may be of help


Also if you email info@fibroaction.org they can send you the Benefits & Work guides for free.

They contain lots of information regarding DLA & ESA , medicals, appeals etc

Here is the Benefits & Work website


You may also like to visit the CAB website too


Hope this helps



Many thanks for the links going to look through now with a cuppa.


ask esa for a copy of your form. i did the same fir my dla had someone from DWP come to help. lol what a joke sge jyst ticjed bixes with no explinations and took form to do a report . there was no report from her what so ever but they sent me a copy when i asked them too when they turned me down flat


Thanks for your reply. Going to give DWP a ring and ask for copies later and will put in writing to them aswell.


Hi Foxie,

Make a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act 1998. It will cost you £10, but they'll have to send you every piece of information and document that has anything in relation to yourself.

I would expect that this would also include your form and attached reports?

Love and hugs,



Morning, thanks for your reply. Will look into this.


When you appeal (GL24) the DWP have to send you all the documents they have on your case, including the decision for putting you in WRAG.


Thankst got appointment with CAB to help with my appeal.


You may also like...