All Over Dry Skin: I’ve been taking... - Fibromyalgia Acti...

Fibromyalgia Action UK
47,635 members59,577 posts

All Over Dry Skin

Soupy56
Soupy56

I’ve been taking Pregabalin for approximately 10 weeks now and my skin has gone so dry that it looks like it is snowing when I remove my clothes at bed time. It really is very noticeable and my skin seems to have lost all its elasticity. could this be the meds?

12 Replies
oldestnewest
Hazel_Angelstar
Hazel_AngelstarAdministrator

Possibly a side effect of meds, if it's only started since you took the meds

Hi there him,

I'm new to this but I have been reading the posts for a while and when I saw yours I had to reply.

I myself am on pregabalin for the pain and I have also noticed my skin really drying out even my scalp has become really itchy and I've never had a problem with dry skin, in fact my skin has always been on the oily side but I just put it down to age.

So glad you flagged this up.

Hope your as well as can be this Fibro thing is rotten.

Kind regards Sharon.

Chillix
Chillix
in reply to shazyhodge

Thanks Sharon.

I'm the same I on pregabalin, have been for 11 years. My skin is extremely dry all over, even down below & being 54 dosnt help lol. I just keep applying moisturiser, doves really good but I might go to my GP & see if he can change my meds when it's safe to do so. Fibro can be the pits sometines but I'm finding g yoga is helping alot.

Gentle hugs everyone 🤗

Take care & stay safe

My skin became very dry once I started pregabalin..... still on it, and I itch constantly. The doctor has given me moisturiser on prescription, but that sometimes makes my skin worse. I thought it was age, but he said it was a likely side effect of the meds as it only really started once I started taking pregabalin.

Chillix
Chillix
in reply to Jenny57

Thanks, it’s helpful to know I’m not the only one.

I have very dry skin too I think it’s my age as I’m not on much medication, besides LOADS of moisturiser twice a day , I find cod liver oil caps keep the skin supple and lots of Olive oil on skin and in food.

Chillix
Chillix
in reply to Mydexter

Cheers.

Same here I noticed it within about three weeks of starting Pregablin. I tried all the usual dreams to little effect a d have started using plain baby oil the last two weeks and that seems to be helping a bit. That is the trouble with meds they help one thing and give you something else.x

Chillix
Chillix
in reply to rosewine

Thank you so much, will it settle down or will I continue to shed skin daily?🤣

Every one less different but mine has never got any worse. You might have to moisturise.more often and with something richer. Hope it settles down.x

Chillix
Chillix
in reply to rosewine

Thank you so much for your kind reply.

You may also like...