Esa

Hello everybody.. ive gone back to re edit my esa form, and really struggling to describe my capabilities. Because they vary so much. Some days I feel so so, and will go for a short walk, in the local park other days walking is too painful and some days I stay in bed due to pain and fatigue. How should I answer this question? Somes weeks I am good ...some not! The pain moves around my body and never know where it’s going to turn up next? Help. I don’t want to be dishonest, as my best days I can even get on my electric bike, and do a few miles. What if someone sees me doing this? Eg.

10 Replies
oldestnewest

When I filled in my ESA form a few years back when I was still cycling (it was much easier than walking for me) I did tell them that I was cycling ocacionally at the assessment interview. I was awarded my ESA without a problem (they make you cycle at the physio too on a excercise bike)

I personally would not have written on my form but that's up to you (it's easier taken the wrong way when written on paper than in a interview)

Just write about the things you struggle with instead of the things that are easy for you.

All the best

3 likes

Hello, thanks so much, gives me a little hope🙂 I’ve taken the bike part out now as found away to edit the online form. Wishing you well x

1 like

Hi it's me again .it's meant to be majority of time say 365 days a year you can't do say183 your meant to pass.but there is a few dishonest assessors believe me .just say no you cant thats wot i would say.did you try ' the ESA self test try it now it's easy will give you an idea and wot points they think you Can get.and put that to form .you can do it more than 1 the self test and you will no wot suits you on form .benefits for work esa self test try it and get back to us .

1 like

Hi , you 🙂what’s that site again, I’ll give it a go. Sounds like you’ve had a tough time with these guys. You and thousands of others! These questions are unreal, they re really not suited to people with chronic illness, with good and bad days. The problem is they have all my bank statements showing that I’ve paid for electric bike, been on a mini cruise and out for meals etc. They expect you to not a have a life!

3 likes

No that's fine about statement .you don't show that to assessors you are aloud a life .your toiling the now that's wot matters. Put in esa self test Google it .you will see the site benefits for work.you don't give name or that it's simple .it might help you u understand how it works with points .just fill it in wot you think suits you and it will give you points at end .and if you pass fine or make adjustments .it gives you an idea wot you are entitled to and understand it a bit more ESA self test put in .and site is benefits for work

2 likes

And you will no wot you get points for .you need 15 the magic. Number☺

Well I thought you put down how you was on your worst day.thing is these forms do your head in.how many metres can you walk...crikey

Then they ask you load of it again at interview

2 likes

Hi Claire lots of people told me including the Drs you have to put your worst day and describe that , I hope that helps you with the form they are a pain those forms wish they would find something easier for people, as if people havnt got enough stress. Don't worry so much you will only bring on a flare and make yourself I'll. Life is far too short Good luck take care 🍀😊x

3 likes

I was told to be honest,and write: On good days I can sometimes... but on bad days I can't do this and that etc

1 like

Hi there, ive been honest, and tried to discribe good and bad days but with more enthasis on how I am on the worse days. I have a lot more bad than good recently. Thank for advice.

1 like

You may also like...