Thanks for you reply, the doctor I saw at the hospital was a rheumatologist and she just referred me back to my GP. My GP is not very sympathetic to the fibromylagia diagnosis and true to tell me it's all in my head. That's why I wondered if pay g to see a specialist consultant would be better.

6 Replies

  • Hi Kazza1960 as the rheumatologist as referred you back is the doctor prescribing anything what medication are you on.

    Usually they would refer you back to get medication and then you would be invited back to see rheumatologist after you have taken them for sometime that is what they did with me I have to go back to see mine in 6 months.

    If you go on the mother site you can order a pack to be sent to your GP in the meantime I would try to see another doctor in your surgery. Please take a look at the mother site my friend.

    Good luck

  • I'm on may for the pain and tramadol. My GP as I said is not very sympathetic towards fibromyligia he doesn't believe it exists. So I will take your advice and see another GO.

  • Hi Kazza1960 I have sent you a link where others have had questions about doctors

  • Hi there, , as Creativeness1 says a rheumatologist usually prescribe meds if you need them before referring you back to your Dr, did he say it was Fybromyalgia?

    By the way you can answer a reply by pressing the reply button underneath a post no need to start a new post, good luck

  • I want to sincerely wish you all the best of luck and please take care of yourself my friend.

  • I referred myself to a private Rheumatologist and sent her copies of all my blood tests and a list of symptoms in advance of the appointment.

    She asked me questions, examined me, doing the pain points test, then told me that in her opinion I had fibromyalgia. Unless I wanted to pay to see her in the future ( and drive 100 miles to her clinic) then treatment would be from my GP. She wrote a letter to the GP ( copied to me ) stating treatment that would be usual.

    If your GP isn't prepared to accept your diagnosis and treat you it might mean finding another GP. I've not even bothered going to my GP as he'd have much the same attitude as yours.

You may also like...