Hi everyone newbie here

Hello all,

I have been living with fibro for 4 years now. My sister thinks I'm a hypochondriac. 6 months ago I also had a brain haemorrage due to a burst aneurysm...so double the fatigue and lots of extra sore bits. It's pretty hard trying to cope with everything as I have other nice conditions such as diabetes and Hashimoto's thyroiditis etc on top of that.

I've just returned to work on a slow phased return....it's draining the life out of me and I'm finding it hard to cope! I've also had to move back in with family which is also quite hard when you're used to being fiercely independent......

25 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hello Silmarillion and a warm welcome to our friendly fibro forum where you can find advice, support, help and understanding.

Have you seen our Mother Site fmauk.org ? Here you will find a wealth of information, including guides and links.

You have had a lot to put up with in your health and I think it is unfair of your sister to think you are a hypochondriac. Goodness me, to have all of these conditions it is understandable you feel so fatigued and not coping well. Try not to be so hard on yourself, this will all take time.

Perhaps you could show your sister the information about fibro and gently remind her it is a recognised illness by the DWP and the NHS.

It does seem that fibro accompanies many conditions, most of the autoimmune diseases as well as osteoarthritis and hypermobility. You will find many members who here who will be able to offer advice and support.

It is great of your employers to offer to ease you back into work, but be sure not to rush it or take too much on too soon. If you google "The Spoon Theory" you will find an explanation and tips about pacing yourself. It is very useful, although sometimes even we Admin forget to our detriment ! :)

Looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

Be kind to yourself.

Kay

• Thanks Kay....my spoon drawer is a bit messed up at the moment lol

• Thanks Kay for your kind words

• I put a thumbs up, not to say I like it, just wanted to let you know people are listening. Right now I don't know how you and others are able to work. I retired and do things around the house, but I can take a break anytime. Anyway right now I just wanted to say God Bless you, and all of the others

• Lucky you...I'd like to retire! Hello back to you 😀

• Hello silmarillion x

• Hey uggycat 😀

• I'm at the point where I'm seeing how I deal with work to see if I'm able to go back....I also have hydrocephalus after the brain bleed and have to go for lumbar punctures to drain the fluid off my brain every few weeks too while I await a shunt....if I'm not working 10 hours a week I'm sore or asleep

• your being very brave. xxxx

• Thanks uggycat.....

• Hi Silmarillion nice to meet you, my mum cant understand how I have these different things wrong with me, and I have under active thyroid and my brother like your sister thinks I'm a hypochondriac. You have been through a lot and being independent and moving back in with your parents is a big adjustment. I would take this time to recuperate. Take care xx

• Thanks Paula.....I want to be better and to be able to go on crazy travelling adventures....I can't even fly ATM

• Wow, amazed you are actually working with that lot on your plate. It must be difficult moving back in with family but I always find if everyone opens up and talks rather than bottling things up it really helps. Unfortunately not managing that here at moment so very tense!

I know people think I'm faking it. The trouble is I scrub up quite well and look strong and healthy. But inside I'm a wreck who rattles from so many pills and hardly sleeps!

Take care

Patrick

• It's the same for me Hartley...you scrub up ok....and people think you're ok....or that you've completely recovered. My sis wants me to go on 10 miles hikes as she thinks excercise is the key......I get knackered having a shower....I'm a rattling wreck too......only I'm never not sleeping lol

• Hiking???? I feel like going up the stairs is climbing mount everest !!! U r doing really well attempting to go back to work .

Try not to overdo it .I know that's easier said than done

• Tell me about it.....I can just about make it through the front door of Tesco's and she wants me to hike up mountains

• Hi Silmarillion

I sincerely hope that you are feeling as well as you possibly can be today? Welcome to the forum and it is wonderful to make your acquaintance. I really am so truly sorry to read about everything that you have endured and I definitely would not go on any ten mile hikes my friend! I would pace myself and only do what you can when you can.

I want to sincerely wish you all the best of luck and please take care of yourself my friend.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken

• Thanks mr author

• Good luck my friend :)

• Bless your heart. So sorry for all your problems. I can't imagine all that at once. I pray your family starts to understand. If they had one of your situations I imagine they'd shut up pretty quick. Oh well we can only love them and ask Hod to show them exactly what you are going through. He did that to my husband and now he is so appreciative of my situation and so much more helpful. Also if one of them went to the dr with you he could explain exactly what you are going through. Take care. Cloudlover KCMO USA

• I meant to say "ask God"

• Thanks cloud lover.....my mum is pretty good about stuff....thanks for your kind words

• Oh and I'm partially sighted as well.....and I have a wee bit of short term memory loss.....so falling to bits. I do try and stay positive though

• Welcome Silmarillion to our friendly group. Look forward to chatting with you.

Take care.

Angie xx

• Thanks Angie lovely to meet you

You may also like...