A Shy Hi

Good evening everyone. I've had fibro for many years and now on Gabapentin which is helping. I've just been turned down for PIP. Going to CAB for help writing letter against their decision. Finally admitted to GP that when I have flare ups it makes me depressed. Suggested getting in touch with people suffering from same condition, help take through the bad times and smile with the good. So a shy hi to everyone ☺️

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • hello Bettyboo,

HU is such a great site, sharing in experiences, just having a rant, sharing good days, what makes us laugh as well.

I am a chronic pain suffer, and only this week been prescribed gabapentin (to take along with the rest) it is wonder we don't rattle and change colour with all the different meds.

welcome {{hugs}}

Liz ❤

• Hi -BettyBoo- and welcome to our friendly, fibro forum, where you can get help, advice, support and some lighthearted moments as well.

Have you visited our Mother Site fmauk.org ? Here you will find information about symptoms and treatments and links to benefits and other guides.

There are several newbies who have joined us in the last few days so there is no need for shyness.

We hope to see you around the forum, please do join in.

May I suggest you lock your post for your internet security, simple instructions are in blue on the right in Pinned Posts. You will get more replies too if your post is locked.

Kay

• Hi -BettyBoo- you've come to the right place just ask away and someone will answer soon enough if they can, only thing is we can be a bit quiet at the weekend. It's like we get home for the weekend lol

Anyway just wanted to say hi 🤗🤗🤗

Gentle hugs x

• I had to admit to myself and others last year that I was indeed depressed and anxious. My gp referred me to a chronic pain psychiatrist and she has been a god send. Her letter really helped me to get ESA, along with the fact that I had involuntary spasms for three hours waiting to be seen and even during the interview. ESA had refused me many times previously. The psychiatrist looked at my case holistically and ensured I was referred to the chronic pain clinic again, had an OT assessment where I got equipment in the house to help me get around a bit easier, etc. I think if you could get one it would really benefit you. My gps take my case more seriously now and if my medicine needs adapting the psychiatrist contacts my gp for me.

• I take pregablin and duloxetine as I have an allergy to gabapentin and amitriptyline.

• Hi -BettyBoo-

I sincerely hope that you are feeling as well as you possibly can be today? Welcome to the forum and it is wonderful to make your acquaintance. I want to genuinely wish you all the best of luck, and please take care of yourself my friend.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken

You may also like...