Fibromyalgia

Hi all. I'm new to the site but not new to FMS and CFS. I was diagnosed ages ago...over 10 yrs.

I found this site when I Google what happens if 2 Dr's disagree on a prescription medicine.

I am so upset. I've been taking my meds that I'm on for as long as I've been wirh this practice. I only see 1 Dr at his request because of the combinations of my meds.

However he is not there and a different Dr who I've never seen is not going to prescribe me my tram adolescent request. I'm so angry. I've explained what happens when I can't take it and go without. As u all probably know. This Dr she told me that I'm going to get completely messed up with the combination I'm on. I think I should complain.

Does anyone know the legal right I have to choose to take it. My normal dr is not there. Where do we stand when 2 Dr's dis agree on what I can or can't take.

I've done the tears part but now I feel really cross.

Zo

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Please excuse the incorrect words. I don't have my glasses on. But I think you all can work out what I meant.

Lol

Zow

• Hi ZOEDEAN

Welcome to the forum and it is wonderful to make your acquaintance. I am so genuinely sorry to read that you are having this issue, and I have pasted for you an excerpt and link to the *CAB cache on your legal rights. Sadly, it is a little vague:

*Treatment from a GP

You are entitled to treatment from a GP at the surgery where you are registered. You have no automatic right, however, to see your own GP.

A GP must provide any treatment which is immediately necessary in an emergency, even if you are not registered with them.

NHS patients' rights

citizensadvice.org.uk/healt...

I want to genuinely wish you all the best of luck, and please take care of yourself.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken

You may also like...