Charity Event

Hi all! ☺️

I am hoping to do some charity work over the next year in aid of Fibro Action Uk and was hoping everyone could give me some advice...

First off, what the main things money raised for Fibro Action would do and how it would help? (Just so I can clearly explain what the money will do to help)

Any ideas for events or challenges I could organise/undertake? Something a bit different and out there!☺️

I was a finalist in a pageant recently for which I supported a mental health charity.....this year I plan on supporting Fibro Action and raising awareness as much as possible!

Any other ideas or suggestions would be great!

Being signed off work my mind is full of ideas! So much time on my hands so coming up with ideas and planning away! ☺️

Hope everyone is well! xox

2 Replies

• Hi jade_styx

That really is very kind and thoughtful of you my friend. I have pasted you a link to the FMA UK head office as they may have some ideas for you?

I suppose it is how adventurous you feel or what you feel you are physically able to do? There are people of the FMA UK site that are planning a sky dive to a cake bake or have run marathons?

In the past I have undertook Fibro talks to medical professionals from across the board. From Doctors to Nurses, from Consultants to Managers. I have really enjoyed doing this!

I want to sincerely wish you all the best of luck, and please take care of yourself.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken x :)

• Hi jade_styx

Firstly thank you for doing this, it's really appreciated.

I think as Ken TheAuthor says the best thing is to get in touch with FMA as they are the professionals. Whilst it's good to get opinions and anecdotes from fellow sufferers in order to get a flavour of what life is like with Fibro, if you are actually trying to spread the message it is best to get the official version.

No offence to my fellow sufferers of course, but as this condition affects us all so differently and it is so misunderstood, I feel it is important to get the best, most accurate and most up to date information about the condition as a whole so that the truth is out there.

Depending on just how much information you want to convey, you could always add a few ideas and anecdotes from individual sufferers, but I would suggest the important message to concentrate on is the official one.

Also as Ken says they will have a better idea than most of us about fundraising.

This is all just my opinion of course.

Many thanks and gentle hugs, 🤗👍

You may also like...