Tagging people

You probably already know but incase you don't - did you know you can tag people now!

TheAuthor - It's been a while and I am not up-to-date with the community as need to read through some recent posts plus I have some messages too but you might have already mentioned this. if so I apologise :)

To tag people to a post or comment you use the @ symbol before their avatar (forum nickname) ie here I have used TheAuthor

Hope this helps

Emma :)

22 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Thanks Emma, have been using tag. X. But that's good to show some who don't know. X

• Oh great that's good to know ! :)

• I have missed your input and was only thinking about you the other day.

Hope Alls well your end.

• Hi Nedd,

Oh Thank You so much for thinking of me - I do miss my dearest friends here.

I did intend to drop in much more frequently but the part time job has been fairly busy and juggling it and other things seem to take up a large proportion of the day.

Other than marked fatigue it is all good here, pain not as bad fingers crossed it stays this way. I sincerely hope you are doing as well as possible Nedd and hope to be able to catch up with you all here

All the best

• Totally agree with nedd with foggy missing now as well due to her nasty fall and breaking herself very badly 😱 There's a big gaping hole it feels round here at the moment , No disrespect to other members , but we're missing a few main stays , and Reggi disappeared due to life's trials in the states, so please try and pop in a bit more , all those I follow post so rarely these days , and because we are all a little Internet family ( can't think of proper word I want ) it gets a bit lonely πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺ

• Oh gosh such a shame about Foggy - as I say I have PM'd the Admins I know to catch up. Reggi also left - oh dear ! I sincerely wish them all the best and Foggy a speedy recovery x

I am sure we could build upon the internet family again with some of the regulars who visit the community daily.

Don't be shy other members do get involved !

• I use it as well, I think it's a good feature!! Have a nice day.Peck 🐀

• Yes, It's about time rather than sending a whole link to someone hey? ! A great improvement to alert people to articles and information that might be of interest or helpful to them :)

• Hi well I am obviously doing something wrong just tried to do this on my other reply to you , see always told you I am completely computer illiterate 😒πŸ˜₯πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜“πŸ˜­

• Hi ya,

I have just replied and saw you had mentioned a few other community forum members and I wondered if you would benefit from this new feature.

Keep trying using the @ and then the community members name with no spaces and you should see a list of options come up in a drop down list. Select name and click and the forum name with go blue. Unless of course, there is something we don't know about it not working on certain devices but having just popped on I haven't had time to get up to speed with things yet!

Let me know how you get on

Best Wishes

• That's great but when you drop fen and continue to use badger does it work ! I will have a go here it's I have to remember no on names and then I have had it. 😩

@fenbager no blue but I am on I iPad however the font has changed this time , will now try just @badger when I tryed that other badgers came up in blue but not our badgerπŸ™

@fibrofoggyness our foggy doesn't appear either so no good πŸ˜ͺ😭

Oh! Well at least they tried to help 😒

• Hi Chris

When you start typing the @ sign then the members name without any spaces Shadows-walker, you need to actually select the name from a choice that will come up at the bottom of your screen.

You may need to scroll down to be able to see the choice.

So try typing in fenbadger. Look at the bottom of your screen as you type. You'll then see his name and you have to select it.

You do need to be quite quick selecting it on a iPad as it disappears back of the screen again.

You also have to type the persons names exactly as it appears on their username so if there is any capitals or hyphens you need to type them exactly as they appear.

If you need me to explain again, please let me know.

Hope you're doing ok

Hugs. Lu xx

• Hello there BlueMermaid3

How are you ? Nice to see you with Admin status - congrats

I have missed you all and hope to catch up with everyone over the next couple of days

All the best

• Hi Emma Mdaisy

I'm not too bad thanks. Well, to be honest I am in full flare.

It is really lovely to see you 😊

We have all missed you.

Lu xx

• Hi Lu

Oh gosh.... the dreaded flare I empathsise. The hot weather normally helps but as it was so hot in July it actually dehydrated me and made me feel worse. Sometimes you cannot win, huh!?!?

Hope you feel better soon sweet and thank you for saying you miss me a little as it means a lot :)

Emma ;)

• Thanks for your kind wishes Emma.

Of course we miss you.

Lu xx

• Thanks lu , lovely idea but I would have to have the list written down next to me so will have to continue as I am , it takes quite a long time for me to write my messages anyway as you know I always have such a lot to say πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ not sure I could spot name in given time and is just going to make me feel stupid then stressed. The Beauty of messaging like this is nobody interrupts me so I don't loose my train of thought ! 😊😊😊😊

Hugs my friend

Chris xx

• I wondered how people were doing that-Not being a user of social media, that hadn't occurred to me. Thank you!

• Hi TerryT1

You can try testing it out if you want to by putting my name in.

Have a read of what I've just explained to Shadows-walker above first.

Lu xx

• BlueMermaid3 Oh yes, I see how it works! That is quite a nice feature to have on the board. I have sometimes wondered if someone has got the thanks I've posted to them, because I've not known how to make their name a link and so they would not get a notification...

Thank you so much!

Terry

• Hi Terry

Well done 😊

It is a useful and fairly new tool on the website.

I am going to write a Step by Step post and hopefully Pin it to the board so that everyone has access to it.

Wishing you much peace

Lu xx

• Thank you Emma, we have mentioned this but with so many new members it is always good to have reminders every so often so new members are aware of it. Maybe a regular post highlighting these sorts of things would be a good idea?

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken x :)

You may also like...