Fibromyalgia Action UK
38,700 members50,962 posts

Plainchocolate

Hi. I am 64 years old. I have had Fibromyalgia longer than I can remember. I am just coming out of a flair up. Really bad problems with my mouth and throat. I have seen five different doctors. I have seen a ENT doctor,  I have had a Scan. All clear thank goodness. But I have been left with a really dry mouth. I am now waiting for an appointment to go to the Dental Hospital because my Dentist thinks it's all to do with my Salivary Glands.  But there is a fourteen week waiting list. I

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Sorry you have to wait so long you may dry looking at your pharmacy for something to help with dry mouth until you can be seen.Good luck.Peck🌻

1 like

Thank you for your help. I do have lozenges for a dry mouth. They help a bit, but not brilliant. 

1 like

Hiya... I am wondering if the doctors are thinking you might have Sjogren s syndrome... this affects your salivary glands and gives you a dry mouth... I believe it is possible to buy artificial "saliva" from your pharmacy which may help your dry mouth whilst you are waiting for your dental appointment. Xx

3 likes

Thank you. I do have lozenges for a dry mouth. They are getting me through. 

1 like

Hi plainchocolate

I am so genuinely sorry to read this and I want to sincerely wish you all the best of luck with your hospital appointment. Please take care of yourself.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken

Bless you hunny I hope you get sorted xxxxxxxx

it's minor but try brushing your teeth with biotene toothpaste and using biotene mouthwash as often as feel that awful dry mouth feeling. helps a bit. actually the mouthwash helps tons. i use it constantly. you might want to run it by you dentist though.

I get a very dry mouth, been told it's the meds I'm on. Do you take pregablin ? It's listed as one of the side effects. 

You may also like...