Oh boy what a night last night was, I got up around 2:30 to use the toilet, got back into bed and for some reason I started to shiver uncontrollably ,I could not heat up, my husband got me a hot bag put on another duvet,blanket,and my big fluffy dressing gown and I was still chittering it took about 3 hours to settle and even after I stopped shaking a was so so cold, as you all know I have fibro and diverticulitis , wonder if it's got anything to do with either of them.

Been in bed all day I hurt all over my feet,legs,are particularly bad someone is sticking sharp needles into the bottom of them and it's even worse when I stand on them.

Oh well hears looking forward to a better Saturday.

Gentle hugs

8 Replies

• That sounds like low blood pressure. Only reason I say this is because my friend has it. Just a suggestion and I hope you're feeling better today x

• If is low blood pressure you need it looked at. Hope you feel better and get answers soon.

• I think the others could be right as it seems you were okay before you had to get up. Certainly worth having it checked out. I find even on quite a warm night if I don' take a hot water bottle up with me and wrap my nightdress of Jim Jams around it and also warm the place where my back will be I don;t seem to warm up until half way through the night.

I have always hated electric blankets but invested in one last year and just have it on whilst i am getting ready for bed and find it a Godsend. You can have it on low all night if you want and if I have to get up when it is cold I just slip the switch on the moment I get up and that bit of warmth when i get back into bed helps so much.

That being "skewered" feeling is awful as it is so random and just when you think ti has gone away it zaps you again.

Do hope tomorrow is better for you.x

• I am so genuinely sorry to read this and I sincerely hope that you feel better tomorrow. I would discuss this episode with your GP in case it is blood pressure related or in case you are coming down with something. I want to sincerely wish you all the best of luck.

All my hopes and dreams for you

• Hi Lizzie,

The only time that happened to me was when I had a UTI. Just a thought?!

Hope everything's OK this morning!

• Hi again Lizzie 57, until I went to GP last time I had no idea that it is the infection in the bowel that causes the feverish symptoms as I recognise that from your description. I too have had this, it was scary - thought I had flu or something.

• Thanks for both replies it's good to know I'm not going out of my head and that someone else has had the same symptoms phew .thanks again

• Last msg was for Sandy0779

You may also like...