Fibromyalgia Action UK
38,760 members51,018 posts


Hi everyone

I am awaiting DLA getting back to me i sent my application away in October I already receive lower rate care and mobility for my PTSD This was not due for review until 10/2015. If the DLA decide to turn down my application can they take my lower rate away? When I spoke to my doctor the other day and she told me that she would back my application Using my recent diagnosis of FM and hyper-mobility syndrome as well as my pre-existing condition.

It is a very nervous wait especially so close to Christmas.

Also I am registered as my partners carer I am no longer fit to do this and just wondered if anyone has any advice on what my next step should be. Not sure if I should claim ESA.

I would appreciate any help you may have.

Thanks x

4 Replies


My DLA renewal was quick but guess depends on area & if any backlog.

ESA...I guess you may need to revoke your official carer part as may be questioned your abilities for yourself if what you do as a career contradicts (would this not be the same for DLA?). Bit complicated in that you would need to seek alternative care for your partner.

I'm sure someone on here is far more knowledgeable than me & can help.

Would you possibly fit into the income support side of claiming.

Whichever, I hope all goes well.



Thank you I appreciate your reply, the sooner it is all sorted the better :)


Hi mrsbear85

I sincerely hope that you are feeling as well as you possibly can be today? I have pasted you a link below form the GOV.UK website pages for Carers and DLA so I hope that you find the link useful:

GOV.UK - Carers & Disability Benefits:

It may be worth applying for ESA, as you have nothing to lose? If you are not entitled they will tell, and if you are then it is a bonus?

I want to wish you all the best of luck with all of this.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken x


Thank you Ken I will check that link out now :)x


You may also like...