Would a Diary from Citizen Advice Bureau for your ESA claim be helpful to anyone?

Would anyone like either an online or a printable document where you can write about your ESA claim?

Link below;

(I'm sorry the link wouldn't work, please google ESA diary Citizen Advice Bureau)

ne of the reasons we have created our claimant diary is to support our Fit for Work campaign. So when you have finished your claim, we are inviting you to send your diary back to us so that we can understand more about your experience and help us push for changes to the way ESA is claimed

So, if you are happy to complete & send it in with or without your name & personal information if you'd like to remain confidential it will help the campaign.

You can also support the campaign by signing this petition 'Don’t cut off people’s benefits while the Government gives a second opinion on who is fit for work' link below;

I hope this is of interest to some of you

Best Wishes

Emma :)

FibroAction Administrator

Last edited by

2 Replies

• Thank you for posting this. Fortunately, my husband and I are no longer on ESA as we have retired but as an ex adviser I was really interested on how it could help. It was all new to me as ESA had just come in as my husband became ill and I had never had any experience of these particular forms. As an adviser of course realised the importance of copying everything and making records but for most people this will be the first time they have ever seen an official claim form as complex as this. I looked at it and commented "well I don't think I can repeat what I actually said" and was astounded how complex the whole process was. We had to go to Tribunal twice and from the time his claim was turned down to the day we won at Tribunal was more or less 2 years to the day and needless to say we had already waited some time to get to the first stage of the assessment. You can imagine the pieces of paper that went flying back and forth and the phone calls. If I had had a document like this to record everything life would have been so much easier. I love the pieces that explain each process and the things that are important to record.

If the CAB do get enough copies back I am sure it will show how a claimant's health deteriorates during this process and how it can effect not only their physical but mental health and how complex the system is and how some of the processes are just not fit for purpose.

All I can say is well done to the person who has devised it and I am sure it will prove to be an invaluable tool for anyone making a claim.

• Thank you Mdaisy, this looks very useful and I am certain that it will help many members.

Ken x

You may also like...