Tell us about any Fibro Friendly Healthcare Professionals

Tell us about any Fibro Friendly Healthcare Professionals

FibroAction would very much like you to contact us about the Healthcare Professionals you see that you consider to be Fibro Friendly

If you would like to recommend a healthcare professional or clinic, please contact us with their name and address, along with a short patient testimonial.

fibroaction.org/Pages/Healt...

This information helps us all to know where to find the best understanding & treatments for Fibro.

Please help add to our list if you can & don't worry the shy amongst us you are anonymous on our site by using your initials only!

Please email info@fibroaction.org

I look forward to hearing from you as we appreciate your help & support of FibroAction

Best Wishes

Emma :)

FibroAction Administrator

Last edited by

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Dr. Jennifer Mainprize at Filey surgery, Filey, North Yorkshire. She is understanding and works with you to find the best medications for you. I've never been made to feel a nuisance and she was very quick in referring me to a rheumatologist. Good follow up and review of medication.

• Thank You for the great information :)

Would you be able to copy & paste into an email please using info@fibroaction.org ?

I can then forward to the volunteer who looks after the website who can add to the directory.

• Dr Dass is a rhumotologest at seacroft hospital in Leeds I found him ver patient he spent a full hour with me very easy to talk to knew his stuff and was just very kind xx

• Please could I ask you to email us if possible so it can be added to our Fibro Friendly Directory on our website. We appreciate it very much indeed.

info@fibroaction.org

• Dr Peddar-Smith at Driffield medical centre. East Yorkshire. He sent me to see Dr Ogumbambi who is a Rhematologist. He seemed to know all about fibro but admitted it is very much a miss understood thing. Good luck. I had years of doctors telling me what I didn't have.

• Please could I ask you to email us if possible so it can be added to our Fibro Friendly Directory on our website. We appreciate it very much indeed.

info@fibroaction.org

• Dr Coates at Tameside Hospital has been amazing with my husband. Being under 40 and given a firm diagnosis so quickly is brilliant. Apparently its not as common in men so we are even more grateful someone has listened and helped. He was officially diagnosed with Fibro and CFS.

If anyone wants help filling in PIP or ESA forms I recommend you check out Fightback for Justice. A charity that gives great advice for fibro.

Here's their facebook link - [Edited by Admin]

• Dr Nisar, consulting rheumatologist at Luton and Dunstable hospital. Patient, sympathetic, understanding, didn't bombard me with stupid jargon and neither did he talk to me like an idiot. Head and shoulders above anyone else I've been seen by!

info@fibroaction.org

• Just emailed!

• Dr Rees Hereford rheumatology dept.

• Dr Philip Shea-Simonds, Consultant Rheum. at Barnet Hospital. He is very good at diagnosing the condition. Broad minded about treatment options and will give you the confidence to tackle those professionals who think this is a bogus condition. He doesn't do private so only for NHS patients. He studied anthropology before medicine at Cambridge/ Imperial. He's both intelligent and caring person.

You may also like...