shoulder pain help

4 months ago I had accident on my mobility scooterI misjudged the gap between my front door very big step and a pile of dirt we have nearby, and hit my front door step very hard at full speed I know it' s only 8 mph when you hit a hard stone it hurts, anyway that caused me to break my scaphoiod bone on my left hand and tore the ligament as well, it's still healing, but ever since i've had the most horrendous shoulder pain, one min it's my right shoulder the next it's my left never the both at the same time, it's the top of my shoulder and it burns and causes cramp like feelings down the top of my arms, at times I am in tears unable to deal with the pain it's causing me, tried to talk to my gp twice about it now but she just dismisses it more concerned with another issue i have

3 Replies

• Hi justmai

I am so sorry to read that you are suffering in this way, and I genuinely hope that you can find some resolution and relief to this issue? I am so sorry to read that your GP is not listening to you about this problem, and I was wondering if there was another GP at your surgery who you could discuss the matter with?

I have pasted you a link to the NHS Choices webpage relating to shoulder pain and I genuinely hope that you find this useful:

If you cannot get any joy with any GP at your surgery you may want to consider finding a new surgery and getting yourself checked out thoroughly then?

I want to wish you all the best of luck with this.

Ken x

• Quite.

If you see Transport Research film a car gets very dented even at 5mph. I have colleagues who suffered fatalities at 2 mph so it's not trivial by any means. All that said I can offer no help but much sympathy. I agree with Ken, that's poor treatment. Ligaments heal slowly. Just look at the time footballers and tennis players have to take out.

Lavender scented hugs. :)

• my wrist is still healing, but i'm sure i damaged my shoulders at the same time, still having problems but not every day and it depends on how i'm sitting i've noticed, more pain towards end of day, thank you for the replies

You may also like...