Fibromyalgia Action UK
38,681 members50,950 posts

Lupas blood test

My ESR is suppose to be 7 and is 40 and I have the butter fly rash and bad legs when I get up they ache really bad ,and had an op a year ago and still not healed I had a bladder and bowel lift which left me with lichen scelrosis in the vagina as it has not healed ,never had it before ,I also have ME and Fibro and recently clots in my lungs my main question is my doctor has not said anything just that I can not take steroids as I am on warferin ,should I ask to see a rheumatologist thanks in advance is it your ESR levels that confirm Lupas or what test ????

4 Replies

I have Hughes Syndrome and a touch of lupus as well as fibro. There are specialist blood tests for lupus. Best bet is for you to go on the HU lupus site as I am sure they will be able to help you.


as Panda60 says Lupus uk on hu, plus


Hi Sugarplumb

I am so sorry to read that you are having these issues at this time, and I genuinely hope that you can find some resolution and relief to these problems.

It is a really tough question? I have steroids prescribed for me quite a lot, so I understand how you must be feeling not being able to use them. I would definitely ask to see a Rheumatologist and possibly a pain management clinic?

I have pasted you the NHS Choices webpage relating to Lupus below:

I want to wish you all the best of luck with this.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken x


Morning I just popped on to say Hi afraid I don't know the answer but I do think you would get better result chatting on the HU LUPUS site.

Best of luck I hope your pain levels are not too highat the oment.



You may also like...