Fibro Flare

Hi everyone, happy Easter to those who celebrate it.

I had an extremely busy day on Friday, much busier than normal and I know I over did it really but my 6 yr old niece was visitng and it's kinda hard not to when she visits (she lives quite a way from me so I don't see her often). I woke up on Saturday morning with a raging sore throat, hot one minute shivering the next, aching etc. I guess what I'm wondering is it a coincidence? or could this be a flare? I do have RA and also take Methotrexate so my immune system isn't brilliant, but this doesn't feel like a cold or flu, I just feel awful!

Any thoughts? And what's the quickest way I can recover lol? X

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sorry to hear you're not feeling too good reni73. It sounds like a flare, my body tends to react like this when I have overdone things. The quickest way to get better, I find, is to rest and rest. Listen to your body, what would you normally do if you had flu? That is how I deal with a flare anyways. Oh yes, keep up your fluid levels, plus hot drinks too. Hope you feel better soon, gentle hugs, Julie xxx

• Hi reni73

I am so sorry to read that you are feeling so ill at the moment and I genuinely hope that you can find some resolution and relief to this issue.

It very well could be a Fibro Flare, however, there are a lot of viral infections doing the circuit at the moment. My daughter and grandson have had a nasty sore throat and cough. Also, my son has picked up a nasty cold type of virus at work.

I genuinely hope that you start to feel better soon.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken

• Resting is the normal reaction to overdoing it but how does that work in a flare? I wont say moderate activity because that would have been no fun. Only you can really sort that one. I tend to go for it knowing there's a price to pay later. :p I hope you feel better soonest and here are some frankincense scented hugs. :)

You may also like...