Community Conduct while using Private Message facility

Community Conduct while using Private Message facility

Inappropriate use of the Messages module

Firstly, the general HU site guidelines & the FibroAction.HU community guidelines apply to all content posted on this site...i.e. this includes Messages.

Therefore, using the Messages module to post negative comments about identifiable individuals, sending offensive content, solicit members to another website or any content that contravenes the guidelines is not acceptable and could lead to a temporary restriction from the site.

5c. In all threads inclusive of Private Message facility NO member of the FibroAction team should be verbally abused in any shape or form. Abusive messages will not be tolerated and could lead to a period of restriction or permanent restriction from the community

Secondly, sending unsolicited and unwanted Messages or mass Messages to members (i.e. spamming) is not allowed. The guidelines makes this very clear.

7. Spamming of other members through private messaging or on the open community will not be tolerated and may lead to you being removed from the community.

If you have received unsolicited and unwanted messages, we want to know about them, especially if they were upsetting to you. Unless members tell us this happens, we cannot take any action.

It is worth pointing out that HU retain the right to access Messages and though they would never normally do this, they would and could do so if a recipient of a Message made an official complaint about an issue needing further investigation.

Please do let an Admin know if you receive any spam or any messages from members you feel are inappropriate.

Thank You for reading

Last edited by

5 Replies

• Thank you Emma for posting this it is always good to be reminded of the guidelines they are there to protect us :)

:) xxxsianxxx :)

• Yes thank you Emma :-) I'm very grateful for the reminder :-)

Foggy x

• Thank you so much for pasting this and reminding us all. The guidelines are there for our protection and enjoyment of the site.

Thank you

Ken x

• Thank you Emma for this and for highlighting certain aspects particularly 5c . Also that HU have the right to access messages.

Basically common courtesy is expected at all times and behavior that does not meet the guide lines will not be tolerated.

We are after all here to help each other :)

• Why on earth would anyone want to do that? I mean - send nasty messages to people? It's beyond me........XXX

You may also like...